PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
35 pounds!? Haha I have a little over a pound and a half. I think I might have to try some C&D though!

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
Frankly, for me, it is not at all about aging tobacco. It is all about a hedge on what I know is going to come. It is a hedge against the rising costs to befall us and the very real threat that many blends will not be available once the FDA has fully implemented the F.T.C.A. prohibiting flavor treatment of pipe tobacco. Build your stash now. You will be glad you did. The future is not bright for tobacco manufacturers. The costs to them and us will be prohibitive over the next several years.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice presentation Captainbob. I sure hope you are wrong about the future of the pipe tobacco industry but unfortunately I have to agree with everything you stated. I'll have to put some Capt. Bob's Blend on the list.

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I'm just a couple months into the hobby, so this should continue to grow. I do have to keep the stash under 1kg (2.2lbs), as local laws insist that having more means I'm attempting to sell it and avoid taxation. :roll:

Click to enlarge.

Jul 15, 2011
Awesome pics guys. I have quite a stash going but the way that I store it doesnt really lend itself to photography. Ill have to find a way to dig it all up and get it photographed sometime.

robinmzg

Might Stick Around
Sep 14, 2011
bet07.jpg

a2wwgw.jpg

23m3bqq.jpg

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
Took me well over an hour to browse this thread. I am inspired to start a cellar of my own, just as soon as I find more tobaccos I like.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Here is a picture of what I am currently smoking. I was too lazy to pull it out. The wife is sleeping so I couldn't get to the closet to take a pic of what I have set back. There is about 2x what is pictured put back.

0013-600x450.jpg

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I love this thread.
I covet this thread.
I need to get on the stick. If the balloon goes up, pipe smoking, as I know it, won't last but a year.
@pipedreams101: My Grandad Charlie used to smoke hand rolled Half&Half cigarettes. He bought his suntans at Sears&Roebuck and his shirtfronts were speckled with burn holes from his makings. I wore those shirts when I attended college and damn me for thinking I was oh, so superior for hand rolling Samson and Drum. They're both great smokes, but I need to find a pouch of H&H tomorrow and think about him for awhile.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Wow, nice collections everyone. Definitely keep stocking up.
According to my iPhone app, I have 79 blends in 410 tins and 139 jars or 104 pounds total. I have a bunch of various blends in bail top jars that are not included in that, stuff I dip into from time to time.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
mrenglish,

I've been keeping tabs on my cellaring efforts on a homemade spreadsheet. What is this iPhone app you're using? It sounds a little more convenient.

gary

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Holy crap atwageman and recoilrob. I feel significantly less ridiculous now. That is just jaw dropping. I hope you are cellaring for investment because I can not imagine smoking all that. Here is my recent TAD addition- got a ton of ancient Symphony for a song. Gonna try to flip it for PAD fundage. :P
P1150275.jpg

P1150273.jpg

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
This is an motivational and envy inspiring thread! Some of these cellars are ridiculous but damn I the tobacco apocalypse comes some of you are set.

Josh can you post up a review of the Symphony? How ancient is it? I might be interested in a tin.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
@garyovich The app is called Pipe Tool (v1.19) and it was around $3.99. It is linked to tobaccoreviews.com but unfortunately does not update as new blends are entered on that site. However, you can enter new blends yourself, customize the weights, do backups, etc. It even lets you calculate how long your tobacco will last based on how much you smoke. It's pretty cool. I guess P&T reached out to the developer of the app but never heard back. Still, it is worth the coin if you wish to cellar and keep decent records. There is another thread on here that has screen shots of it. If I can find it I will link it here.
Now we just need to get Kevin to develop an app for this site and one that links to luxurytobaccoreivews.com that updates as new blends are addred and reviewed (hint, hint).

Aug 24, 2012
Hey RecoilRob, this stash looks a lot like mine, only multiplied.
P1100026.jpg

Is that the original Millenium 2000 from PCCA? At only 100 tins produced you may have cornered the market. I've got a can of that as well and have been trying to track down anything else about it on the web, but couldn't find anything about it and figured it must have been smoked up. Apparently not!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.