PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Al, you must have been sick watching that go for 16 bucks. Do you think your wife could really tell if you added another pipe? Tell her that she probably spends more on make up and getting her hair done. Tell her who's boss dammit. :lol: I want to see more GBD's in your collection. I love seeing pictures of your refurbished projects.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
If I hear about about Al's death announcement or funeral arrangements in the next few weeks I'm blaming you Harris! :rofl:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The curse of one joint checking account....I told her I missed a nice GBD for $16 and she said, well that was foolish, why didn't you buy it.......we've been married 32 years and I'm still trying to figure this one out!

irishflake

Might Stick Around
Jun 30, 2012
Michigan
Beautiful pipes! I am willing to drop whatever I am doing and contribute a snap of my own darling little babies....

clockwise from left;

Tapestry 1971

Conquest fantasy 9645

Collector prehistoric 9641

Pedigree 9465
agbds.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Bravo irishflake! Man, I really need a Pedigree grade GBD! (Virgin's up are wonderful)
Ok an update on my mandate: no more pipes this year, UNLESS I find a deal on a Virgin grade or higher! And of course, I cannot be responsible for my behavior at the Richmond show...

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
While stopping by Smoking Pipes to pick up some Wessex Brigade Campaign tonight I started perusing the estates and saw this little GBD International freeform. The price was right and it gave enough to get the free shipping discount for orders over $50. I am pretty sure it is Pre-Cadogan Era according to the stamping. I haven't seen a GBD in this shape before and it just called to me. I think it will go nicely with my current collection of GBD's which until today was one(1).
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/england/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=98227
GBD_Freehand.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is an unusual shape and it looks mint. I'd say that is a pre-Cadogan pipe. I love the twisted shank!
I added trio of GBD's in the past few months, all 9438's.
A Prehistoric restored last weekend:

A Virgin that came via a trade on another forum, hopefully enroute to me soon:

A New Standard restored a few weeks ago:

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Those are awesome Al! I am still looking for that Prehistoric poker like the one you have in your collection. I have seen a few pokers but none quite like the one you have that is similar to the Post-Cadogan one that I PM'd ya about on eBay a few months back.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You might be thinking of someone else on the Poker. My only Poker shape is a David Jones. Wish that I did have a GBD Poker, that is one shape I'd love to add.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I just picked up another GBD estate today. Its a bent billiard 508 Granitan. Still having difficulty with figuring out the approx. age. Is not a perfect pipe, but is nice enough. Has the linear "LONDON, ENGLAND".

Will try and post a pic soon.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.