PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Here's a couple gifts I bought for myself after receiving a larger-than-anticipated annual bonus at work:
rkjrqHI.jpg

I also got a Savinelli 321 Christmas Pipe from Mrs. Lawdawg but I didn't take a picture of it. Looks good and smokes great though! :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a terrific array of gifts! All the pipes are striking; that Lego pipe is an eye-popper. I forgot another pipe gift, in addition to my Peterson Calabash B10. My sister sent me an elegant pipe pin based on the painting "This Is Not A Pipe," from the Art Institute of Chicago gift shop. Now I need to decide which hat or lapel suits it best. It might make me some face-to-face pipe acquaintances in the right situations, and would be great to wear to the TAPS pipe show here in April. Oh, and that single malt, I can almost taste it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I bought this Bruce Weaver strawberry burl billiard last Summer to smoke on Christmas day, but seeing as how this will likely be the last unsmoked Weaver pipe I get my hands on, it will likely stay that way. I did get a fifth bottle of RumChata that is nearly gone now though. :mrgreen:
20180427_032403.jpg

dante

Lurker
Nov 26, 2018
n6ewQNn.png

Savinelli 311 KS Saint Nicholas 2017
H3Gn50v.png

Vintage tobacco tins Balkan Sobranie (Empty) Baby's Bottom (Full but open) Union Leader (Unopened) Mohawk (Open Sampler)

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
My wife had this box made for me. It is incredibly well made and will be a great storage place and drying surface for tobacco. The top slides out to reveal storage.

e3e77c68-b67c-4d81-837d-de919fd0c5ed-600x450.jpg

aab0a0ec-cff8-42c4-87ec-338157d630e9-600x450.jpg

• Love
Reactions: orlandofurioso
Jan 8, 2013
Here's the new Peterson XL21 that came to Texas straight from the Peterson Of Dublin shop in Dublin, Ireland via my sister and brother in law.
20181225_214025-600x449.jpg

aegRcI9.jpg
I was going to wait to smoke it on New Years Eve, but I'm smoking it now. Obviously I don't have the patience of Embers :mrgreen:

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I got a knitted sweater by a local designer who also happens to be a dear friend of mine from my lady. My brother gave me a bottle of homemade vintage schnapps made by his in-laws. My parents bought me three books: one by Ken Follett, one by Jan Guillou, a swedish author I admire, and one a collection of poems by one of my country's greatest poets.

I bought myself two 100g tins of Hal o' the Wynd, a 50g tin of Old Gowrie (haven't tried that one yet), 4x50g of Royal Yacht and a 50g tin of Modern Virginia (also new to me).

The best part of this years christmas was celebrating with my little girls of 3 and 4, who are suddenly understanding what is going on and appreciating time with the family, the food, the gifts and everything.

We have a tradition of going to the graveyard to visit my grandmother on christmas. The older girl stated "I love great-grandmothers!" and hugged the gravestone. She also loves everything else and hugs and kisses the world entire. It made me glad.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Imperial Tobacco "Pipes of the World" (1927) tobacco card series from my 16-year old son. Complete surprise. I think they're really cool. (There are lots of reproductions of this set out there, but these appear to be originals.)
EvTAGGr.jpg

fSbjOaR.jpg

6paUGEA.jpg

dShi2kp.jpg

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
No pipes or fishing gear this year. My wife got me an instant pot since my crock pot died. Also a new iPad and some old spice. I got some Christmas money early and picked up a bottle of macallen double cask, glenroth’s bourbon cask reserve and a 12 ounce can of captain black royal. The in-laws gave me $100 and got some gift cards that are yet to be spent. I’m thinking more scotch and my annual fishing license? Fantastic Christmas all said and done.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Nice XL21 Anthony. I got a St. Patrick's estate about a year ago, and I really like the dimensions. Smokes real nice. Enjoy.
No pipe gear for the Hobbit this year; our goal was to "do" more and "buy" less. We did exchange small gifts, and sadly our "do" plans were stifled courtesy of the flu (thanks useless vaccination).
I hope all of you enjoyed your Christmas and that you'll have a prosperous 2019.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
Found this on Ebay just before Christmas. Wasn't familiar with Mr. Weinberger until I did some heavy investigation. Thought for $23 I'd buy it as a present to the collection. It went for that price because it had a bent and broken tenon.Who could I get to fix it? Why not send it to Mark Tinsky since he worked for Mr.Weinberger and may have actually had a hand in building the very pipe. Just got it back with a new tenon---some cleaning and polishing of the 14K gold band and voila, looks pretty good.( Mark assures me that he wouldn't have made this one but maybe his friend Curt Roller did!) Belated Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year ! Hoppes
BEFORE:

img_0700.jpg

img_0701.jpg

img_0704.jpg

AFTER:

img_0717.jpg

img_0718.jpg

img_0720.jpg

img_0721.jpg

img_0722.jpg

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
Looks like everyone managed a cool gift or two...

I was a good enough boy to get these for Christmas ...
55406824-b549-4340-954e-42c4facb4ca1-600x450.jpg

Before the holidays, my wife and I went over to Niagara Falls NY for the weekend. There were a few gifts for others we needed to pick up. I took advantage of the "personal exemption" for 48 hours or more, brought back a tin of 'Jolly Ole St. Nicholas', Three Nuns 'Orange' and Haunted Bookshop.

bwhiteside

Lurker
Nov 17, 2011
My dear wife gave me a beautiful Peterson Sherlock Holmes Deerstalker Natural with p-lip. It’s my first Peterson, and i’m finding it to be a great smoking pipe. Still getting used to the p-lip though. Will post pictures after I get home from the holidays.

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Wife bought me the Servi Meershaum that I've been eyeing for several months! This is my very first meer, and I didn't know quite what to expect. It smokes so nice that I haven't touched any of my briar pipes since Christmas Day. I can taste so much more from my favorite blends, and there has been absolutely no ghosting or sour flavor development.
img_4458-600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.