Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2014
LJG26PP.jpg
[/url][/img]

Reactions: Papasmurf92

gadgetech

Lurker
Nov 22, 2014
I've got these two. The first one is my favorite pipe I own (so far) and the second has been taken out of rotation.
Sherlock Holmes Lestrade:

15676178738_ef83352c4e_z.jpg

Limerick:

15658216886_e4854c1d46_z.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Is there a way to determine the exact year a Peterson was made?
If there's silver work on it, like a band or a spigot etc., then yes you can date it quite easily. Peterson has an extensive list of specific lettering and font that the silver was stamped with to mark the year of its production. I don't have the link now, but I'm sure a quick Google search can track down the list.
If there isn't any silver work on it then I wouldn't know how you would find out what the year of production was.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Man the pipes that you people have, it's amazing. It's great to have a look at !!
Meanwhile, here are the 2 little mini Peterson that I managed to get around where I live.

I am not sure they are real, hope I didn't get conned ...

Anyway they smoke very nicely for the little I know about it.
Photo%2002-04-15%2015%2030%2041.jpg

Photo%2002-04-15%2015%2033%2046.jpg

Photo%2002-04-15%2015%2033%2057.jpg

:)

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
I have 4 Petersons and am considering a 5th. These are my 2 current favorites:

Kinsale XL22 (Mycroft)

kinsale-rusticated-xl22-1.jpg

and Killarney Ebony 408

killarney-ebony-408.jpg

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Lots of great pipes folks! I love Peterson pipes... the shapes, the bands and the old skool look. I especially go nuts over the spigots.
BUT! I will not buy a new Pete due to poor all-around craftsmanship, such as poor drilling, dip staining the entire bowl chambers and stummel, the spray laquering, and overall poor QC work. And I am not a fan of that dreaded and awkward look and feel of the p-lip.
I think Peterson took a huge nosedive when Big Tom Palmer took the reins in the early 1990's. I can not tell you how many stories I have heard about the shoddy work coming out of that factory since TP came around. AND it still continues.
I ONLY buy (and own) Peterson estate pipes that were made in the 80's and down. It's a damn shame what Tom Palmer has done to a legendary product. If there is someone else to blame, please correct me.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Kola, I've heard those complaints about Peterson quality from others as well, so I don't doubt your veracity. I can only say the three I bought over the past year have been stellar in every respect. If I did end up with one with the defects you list I'd return it.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
tuold, yes I guess some folks are a but luckier than others.,,but IMOHO Peterson has the most problems in QC control. It makes me wonder if they have any QC implemented at thier factory. As far as sending back a pipe for repairs or exchange I have also heard horror stories of very long wait times...up to 6 months in some cases.
Trust me, I don't like bashing Peterson...and as I said earlier I adore their style of pipes. My daily smoker is a 1979 Peterson 03 Deluxe that is my workhorse and best friend. But I have to be honest with my own experiences and from reading many posts from different pipe smokers from many forums.
I won't say anymore as this is a nice thread with some great pipes and I don't want to hijack it with negativity.

denholrl

Might Stick Around
Mar 27, 2011
I'm looking for a pre-Republic Peterson 9 BC, chubby bent, in excellent condition. Want it in Sterling or Deluxe. Please post pics and asking price. Or, email robdenholtz@gmail.com. How do I post a pic of the shape?
Thanks,
Rob

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm new to this thread, having become enamored over certain Peterson shapes as of late. I also discovered with a Vulcanite stem, I like the P-lip and it is a nice change of pace from my other buttons.
Pre-Republic, 1930's Rhodesian

I love the 9BC shape, and so far, I've found two finished
Kapruff 9BC - pre-1959 (Made in England, Circle)

Premiere Selection, Pre-Republic

My first System pipe, an 11S Deluxe, hallmarked to 1979, the year I graduated from HS and compliments our 1979 MGB.

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Well, this is just the Pete Meerschaums. Actually wanted to try to see if I can understand the upload pictures.
]Pete Meers[/url]

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
They were my granddad's. As soon as my relatives found out I took up the pipe, they sent me a shoebox with all his Petes.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Here's my small Peterson family shown from left to right in the order that I acquired them.
1- Rusticated Tankard P-lip

2- Red Killarney 69 P-lip

3- St Paddy's Day 2015 XL90

4- Aran Bulldog P-lip

5- Aran Canadian
Really like the Aran line and would like to pick up an Aran Lovat for a nice 3 pipe set. :puffy: