Jul 12, 2011
imp-smoothcalabashwithsilver.jpg

Reactions: Papasmurf92

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Beautiful pipe, Tango.
I've never had a bamboo shanked pipe so please forgive the FNG question. Will the bamboo change color?
Fnord

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
There are a couple from the 1860s and a few from the 1870s/1880s with the rest being 1890-1910 mostly they are Viennese made with a fair showing from the various Parisian houses and a few English stragglers. This is the tip of the ice berg so to speak and one or two of these pipes belonged to very famous people including a Kentucky Derby winning jockey from the 1890s and one of the detectives who investigated the White Chapel murders aka the Jack the Ripper killings.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Two that my father gave me. The calabash is only marked 'Austria.' It smokes wonderfully. The second, which is a little beat-up but still distinguished, has no markings. Any thoughts as to the provenance of either?

calabash-600x395.jpg

meerschaum-beat-up-600x367.jpg

Reactions: Papasmurf92
Jan 8, 2013
You know I have even more pictures but I don't use photo*ucket anymore and this would bore the hell out of you pretty quickly!
Have you tried Imgur? The site's layout isn't as nice as Photosuckit's was but it serves the same purpose without all the crap caused by Photosuckit getting greedy.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Nice stuff, guys!

I’m new to this website, but I’ve been collecting meerschaums for years, just because I love the quality of the carving.

Most of them have never been touched by tobacco!

Others are true antiques that reflect along and well used life... I’ll have to share some pictures.

Or maybe not? I just tried and it asks me for a url?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This may help:
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.
There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos in the "Latest Discussions" box,

LINK to that thread