Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomasw, that blasted Cavicchi dublin :::shivers::: Gorgeous!!!

I have a smooth Cavicchi bulldog. It's not nearly as gorgeous as these pipes you guys are posting, but it's a great smoker. my Photobucket is holding all of my pictures hostage from me till I pay them a ransom, so... I need to make more pictures.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Cavicchi Rusticated Billiard...
004-006-18082_1.jpg

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Central United States
I love my Cavicchi pipes! I don't understand why they don't get more "love"? Maybe it's because people gravitate towards Castello once they start exploring handmade Italian pipes, but Cavvichi pipes have a better draw, the quality of finish is just as high, and in general, I think I prefer the shaping of Cavicchi over Castello.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I really don't have much of a preference between Cavicchi and Castello, until it comes to price. Usually get a better deal on estate Cav's than Castellos.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thomas, you are a man after my own heart. I am a huge Dublin fan and love all of yours. I have smoked many of the top Italian brands but for some reason I never got to Cavicchi. Now I stay away because of the acrylic stem, they are just too uncomfortable for me. I smoked my lone Castello ( Occhio Di Pernice Dublin) the other day for the first time in over a year and damn it hurt.
If I was ever going to go for an acrylic stem again it would be for a Cavicchi.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This isn't my pipe, but I think it's a nice enough one to be added to the thread:
unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-4.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Thanks George; that is a beautiful pipe!
Harris, I know what you mean about dental sensitivity. I myself find both acrylic and vulcanite by itself to be uncomfortable. This was not always so. But in the last 5 years or so, I have found the only way to smoke enjoyably, without any dental sensitivity issues, has been to use a Softie Bit. I know a lot of pipers do not like the extra millimetres or the rubber texture, but I have gotten accustomed to it. As a clencher, this has been a joy for me, because I can use any stem material now and enjoy myself. The fact that acrylic stems hold their sheen and need no mineral oil polishing is just a bonus :) Thanks for contributing to this thread!

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
A flame grain CC FIRENZE grade bent dublin --- from a very recent, wonderful dealing with Michael Glukler of Briar Blues! I will deal with him again.
f398a.JPG

f398b.JPG

f398c.JPG

f398d.JPG

f398e.JPG

The flame grain earns it the 'FIRENZE' stamp ::: Also I quite like the silver band.
f398g.JPG

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Cavicchi Smooth Bent Dublin (CC):>
Love the thickness and .88 width of the bowl.
004-006-19033_1.jpg

004-006-19033.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thomas, awesome looking pipes. I was eyeballing the one you got from Mike for weeks. If it wasn't for the acrylic stem I would have grabbed it. The one you got from Sp is also a great shape. I know it is going to smoke great for you. I have a Cavicchi Dublin on my ebay watch list that I want so bad. I am afraid if I buy one, it will never end. He makes so many great looking Dublins which is my favorite shape. Congrats on 2 great additions to your collection.

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Harris, I've always thought your taste in both briar and tobacco to be extremely erudite and subtle :puffy:

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Recently I bought this Cavicchi Bent Dublin (CCCC) from a forum member and I am very pleased with its smoking qualities:::--->
3eyae3c-600x337.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.