Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
Personally I'd rather smoke Blackhouse, Magnum Opus, White Knight or Yenidje Highlander.
Agreed. Adding McClelland Balkan Blue to this list.

There was a Balkan Sobranie match contest a while back. McClelland Blue Balkan (originally Blue Mountain)won the judges vote in Chicago, while Black House won the popular vote.
A quote from Russ: "BlackHouse was modeled after a 23 year-old sample of Balkan Sobranie 759 (the black label), but WhiteKnight is based on my memory of Balkan Sobranie Original Smoking Mixture (white label) from the seventies. "

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
You can get a lot of good other tobaccos for 50#. Unless I really wanted the tin,personally,I'd shop around. :?

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
www.4noggins.com is renown for international shipping.

Here are a few worth considering from 4 noggins:
Balkan Sobranie is currently out of stock.
WhiteKnight is also out of stock.
Blackhouse is in stock, though this is modeled after Balkan Sobranie 759 (Black label)
Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard is an under appreciated English/Balkan & in stock. It is one of my top English blends.
Charles Fairmorn's Lancer Slices is another bulk English in stock, near the top of my list of English blends.
Ashton's Artsian Blend is another under appreciated English blend with Syrian Latakia, also in stock. Perhaps my favorite English.
GL Pease's Charing Cross is another blend reminiscent of Balkan Sobranie, also in stock & available in 8 ounce tins as well.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
No returns, no implied warranty on contents? Sounds like a deal no one can win. Sure, some people get big scores; what about the others who did not? You will not hear as much about those.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Charles Fairmorn's Lancer Slices is another bulk English in stock, near the top of my list of English blends.
+100 on Lancers
SG Balkan Flake is another great blend

Oct 3, 2016
I bought a new tin recently from my B&M. I liked it, didn't love it. I paid $18. I wouldn't trust ebay for that sort of thing. Try outsourcing a new tin off the shelf. If you like it, then I would try buying an original tin from a respectable dealer, if it's possible to find one. Taste is subjective, but mine stops at certain price point. If you can't find a new variation I'd be happy to purchase and send you a tin from my B&M at cost plus shipping assuming they still have it in stock.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
One other issue with buying tobacco off of eBay. A few months back, eBay changed their policy, stating that the selling of tins containing tobacco is no longer allowed. When I looked at their new policy it included a requirement to show a picture of the interior of the tin to prove that it is empty.
So how are all these listings getting by? eBay is so vast they can't keep a handle on what is up for sale. So if you get stiffed on a sale of something that eBay expressly prohibits, they may not feel an obligation to take care of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.