Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I've purchased two pipes from Shiny Pipes. One was a shitshow and a pita to deal for refund and I actually ended up throwing it away because of the crack beneath the bowl. The other pipe was okay, but buffed to death, and quit honestly I think buffed to death after nomenclature photos were taken. Nope I'm done with them.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
I went back and looked at the pics of this pipe you posted 3 months ago. The second if looking closely with the stamping seems to have a spray on lacquer you can tell by the orange peel finish . Pretty sure it didn't come out of the shop like that. I wouldn't of caught that without your heads up and an in hand inspection Plus no full chamber shots in rest of pics. Draw your own conclusions. I won't buy from them.

http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/16398/s-l1600-5-600x450.jpg

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
There have been so many complaints about that vendor over the years. They used to buff the shit out of their pipes and photoshop them. I don't think they do that anymore, and so have entered into a new era, and people here are buying from them. I have seen threads where the lady has weighed in on here, but I am not even going to deal with them. They used to have some crazy lingo in their ads where if you bid you forfeit you ability to give them negative reviews or some such madness.
I am just curious where they get all those nice pipes. I guess she has wooed an awful lot of people.
Life is too short for me to risk it.
On a lighter note, doc, your wife gets huge props. It was so nice of her to buy you a pipe at all. That is where we can draw some positivity from. And by all accounts she has good taste in pipe aesthetics. That was a really handsome pipe in the ebay listing.
Best of luck cleaning that up.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Ok, is there an issue with Shiny Pipes that I am missing?
Is a 400 lb robin fat?
I believe it was Woodsroad (correct me if I'm wrong) who posted a pipe including photos of the pipe from Shiny Pipes. It was a great looking pipe... dang near flawless. But then he showed the photos of the pipe he received and it was a disaster of fills.
I believe that it was six who did that post. SP had used photoshop (badly) to hide a bunch of flaws in a pipe they were selling. It was the beginning of an interesting interaction with SP that later had her publishing a member's private info here and much craziness on PM before those threads were removed.
Some people have had good experiences with SP, some have bad experiences with SP. I've spotted enough issues with their product that I wouldn't buy from them myself. YMMV.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I was treated very poorly by the woman at Shiny Pipes. I was given a refund but not until I had to endure a string of insults and veiled threats.
Two words: Stay Away.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Haven't purchased from them but there's enough talk about sketchy practices that I will continue that practice. I usually send my ebay business to respected folks like Pipestud.

Status
Not open for further replies.