PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
As a rule I don't watch a lot of movies.Especially if I've already seen them.I've probably watched this one a dozen times though.I watched it again tonight.For some reason I just don't get tired of watching it..Do you have a favorite movie that you watch over and over?

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I think that Shawshank is on somewhere 24 hrs a day, that movie just wont go away. Not a Tim Robbins fan either, but the movie is good. I to have many movies that I love to watch over and over. Hey Mike if ya havent seen it try Escanaba in da moonlight...was laughing so hard when I seen that. There's also a movie called The golden boys that fits the pipe smoking world. Its a great calm movie.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Great movie, and ranked one of the top screenplays of all time. The "voice over" is frowned on, and should always be avoided, except if it's Morgan Freeman. Without it you would have another escape movie, not the classic it is today. Now I have to watch it later tonight or tommorow I still have it on my computer after all these years. lols.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I really enjoy watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off, a classic movie for me. I also enjoy re-watching any John Candy movie, especially The Great Outdoors, Uncle Buck, and Who's Harry Crumb. Some of my faves. Blues Brothers is another I will watch fairly often. The Lord of the Rings trilogy is on often at my house too.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
You got it Bigboi! LOTR is a cult for me since I first read it in 1973. I have my LOTRAD about 3 times a year. I'll watch all three extended version blue rays all back to back on the plasma with the Bose speakers crying. It will be hard when the three extended Hobbits are finally released. I saw it at the Imax and have watched it about 6 times since. So I guess it will be a 2 day marathon.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
And here I thought I was the only person left breathing who remembered "The Mountain Men." Certainly not in the same category as "Jeremiah Johnson" but the interplay between Brian Keith and Heston is amazing; a couple of old pros having fun with their larger than characters.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Well, since we are talking about one of my favorite subjects, movies, in a total different genre, Independance Day ranks up there in my list of favorite films.
The classic scene (at least to me) when the president asks the alien creature, 'Can't we negotiate' and finally 'what do you want us to do?'=and the answer from the alien====="TO DIE!"
Just makes me think of the political atmosphere in the mid-east.
Sorry to get political.
Allan

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I have also seen the Shawshank Redemption 10 or 12 times.
I usually hate to watch movies more than once or twice so that is quite remarkable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.