PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Shane Ireland. Shane is the Vice President of Retail for SmokingPipes.com. Brian will be talking to Shane about which current production tobaccos he thinks are the best. In Pipe Parts, Brian will recap his trip to Las Vegas for the Las Vegas International Pipe Show (formerly the West Coast Pipe Show).

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Shane-Ireland.jpg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Shane Ireland. Shane is the Vice President of Retail for SmokingPipes.com. Brian will be talking to Shane about which current production tobaccos he thinks are the best. In Pipe Parts, Brian will recap his trip to Las Vegas for the Las Vegas International Pipe Show (formerly the West Coast Pipe Show).

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Shane-Ireland.jpg
and i thought he was just their mascot. I.e. A guy in a suit

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
Great show again Brian. Thank you for recapping the show, as I was not able to attend due to welcoming a new Ms. jmsmitty6 into the world. However, it sounds like it was a resounding success. I find myself enjoying the tobacco now series with your guests immensely. Shane mentioned some great blends, both C&D and non-C&D. Regarding his comments r/t costs, I've always thought that pipe tobacco represented a tremendous value to quality compared with cigars. In reference to the many C&D blends that he mentioned, I believe that many of the small batch blends (if you are so inclined towards Red Virginia's and VaPers) are top of the class and would make sense to mention even with his ties to the company. All the best to you and yours and can't wait to go to the LVIPS in 2023.

Jason

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I can’t say I agree with Shane that pipe tobacco should be $50 a tin, based on the prices of cigars. Premium cigars are more labor intensive to make and good wrapper leaf is quite expensive. The cigar boom brought booming prices to match. We in the pipe community haven’t had to suffer that.

Premium cigars are also marketed and seem to be priced as luxury items in a way that pipe tobaccos aren’t and possibly can’t be.

I don’t have visibility on the relative margins of cigars and pipe tobacco so I may be way off base.

I heartily agree with Shane that premium pipe tobacco is an incredible value at current prices. We in the pipe community are truly fortunate.

Another great thought provoking show.

My two cents worth,
Renfield

Last edited: