PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
If you had to pick between both blends, which would you choose, and why?
Samuel Gawith Golden Glow or Dunhill Flake?
(Or am I wrong to compare the two in the same sentence?)

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Thanks roth.
I don't know if this is accurate or not, but I get the impression that Golden Glow is grassier and that Dunhill Flake is a bit sweeter and more citrusy. Would you say these descriptions are accurate? I'm trying to get a golden VA and I've only got room for one. I'm partial to Sam Gawith in general but Dunhill Flake has the better reviews so it's a toss up really... Since I haven't had either it's mostly a shot in the dark for me.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Ah well, you know how reviews can be - all over the place...
I'm going to sleep on it for now! Thanks.

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
I have mixed experiences with golden glow, sometimes it was god and sometimes great. Last tin was really really great. On the other hand I found Dunhill flake very boring, I had high hopes for it but I couldn't like it. But there are tons of people that love it...

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Dunhill it is. Perhaps another time for Golden Glow - I am still curious about it...

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Never tried Golden Glow, but I love Dunhill Flake. Just added a tin to the cellar.
Ah well, you know how reviews can be - all over the place...
Well, sure - there's always gonna be some folks who don't care for certain blends. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad blend -may just not be their cuppa.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I know, I was mostly just referring to the fact I saw a few people say Dunhill Flake was grassy or citrusy.
I think there is good to be found in most blends, even if I don't want to use up my time, money, or health to smoke them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.