PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Tell us about your pipe smoking adventures, routines and experiences in Paris! How often do you encounter pipe smokers in your city? Are you a member of a pipe club or do you smoke with friends?

I hope you feel welcome and enjoy our conversations and nonsense here!

SendoT

Lurker
Jan 14, 2024
Paris - France
Thank you all for your messages.
So to speak about smoking aventures in Paris, to be clear, it isn't really easy. Here, we haven't a lot of tobacco available and for 50gr of SG tin, for example, we have to spend more than 30€!
But I Never bought tobacco here. Esterval in Germany, 4noggins in US or relayshop are our best friends 😂

I am member of a forum and every year we are lucky to have one group's pipe. For example, 2023 was Mike Sebastian Bay. In this forum, we are around 15 from Paris and we meet every month.
So these guys became my friends.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Bienvenue, Sendo! Il y a beaucoup d'activité sur ce forum, vous devriez donc trouver ce que vous cherchez. De plus, tout cela a été écrit via Google Translate 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: SendoT

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello everyone,

I am 34 and I'm from Paris. I am here to talk about pipes and tobacco (Logic 😅)
I am a member of fumeursdepipe, a french forum, and friend of french and belgium pipemakers.
But I have to be honest with you, I am bored in this forum and I am looking for exciting discussions.

So, in the begging I'm not a smoker. No cigarettes. But one day, I want try cigar, and I loved it. Step by step this journey in the cigar's world took me towards to the pipe.
I started pipe 5 years ago with a corn cob Missouri with a terrific aromatic... Kentucky bird. What a bad memory... But I am a very curious guy and I started to read, read and read... Learn again and again... Yes, when something open the gate of my head, it becomes an obsession.

Today I have something like 55 artisan's pipe. You can take a look to my collection here :

Accueil > Galeries des membres > SendoT - Galerie des fumeurs de pipe - https://www.fumeursdepipe.net/pipegallery/index.php?cat=16311

And tobacco, I have something like 13 kg. I like everthing except aromatics.
My top 3 tobacco I have tested until now :

McClelland Dark star
Glpease renaissance
Synjeco Bad nun 2

"Hum... You are pipesmoker since just 5 years, but you have already tested Legendary tobaccos... Is it a joke?" No. I was lucky to meet a group of enthusiasts and we like to share. When one member have an opportunity to buy a great stock, we share between us.

So... That's it. Oh no, a little last thing, the technic of a pipe is very important for me.
It's simple,it's primordial, for me, to have the perfects drilling, 4mm or 4,2 in the shank a large and deep V, the point of teeths contact (sorry I don't know the name in english) is perfect, for me, under 3,7 mm.
Perfect transition between shank and the steam and a constant airflow without any turbulence.

So it's a bit confusing but I hope you will understand my presentation 😅
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!