PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Picked up a Sergey Senatorov pipe from ebay for a great price. His stem work is very unique. Here are some of the vendor's photos. Anyone else around here have one in their collection?

senatorov-1.jpg

senatorov-2.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
serge, that is a fantastic looking pipe with some really nice grain. I have heard of this artisan but do not know anyone who owns one. I will be curious to hear your thoughts on how it smokes. I hope you love it after smoking it. Congrats on your latest acquisition.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I don't have any of his work but boy what a pipe. Please give us a smoking report when you can. Congratulations on a sharp looking piece!

May 31, 2012
Sweet!
Congrats on the superfine pipe.
I agree that his stemwork is unique and very cool too.
He only uses ultra-grade briar as well, should be a great smoker for you!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. An excellent early Christmas gift to yourself. I hope you enjoy it for many years.

Aug 1, 2012
Beautiful pipe, and do let us know how it smokes and the quality of the stem-work. I'll be moving to his home town in a few months so maybe I'll be able to get one of his from the source...if I'm lucky.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
The stem is pretty interesting, it has a very wide and deep 'v' channel into the stem and the bit is rounded over. The bit also has a horizontal groove cut into it, here's a good view of one of his bits from the side.

S_6A.jpg

The stuff coming out of the Eastern European area is pretty amazing. One day I hope to own a Yashtylov, or Grechukhin.
@CaptainSousie, What takes you to Latvia?

Aug 1, 2012
Bradley and serge. Yep, picked up a new job there starting next year. Looks to be a fun time and (hopefully) a good career move.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Just lit this guy up with some SG Best Brown Flake, pretty tasty for a first smoke. Even though the bowl had some sort of coating I would get hints of briar flavor from the shank. when I reached the bottom of the bowl wanting more all I got was a mouthful of ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.