Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

loucurr

Lurker
Feb 27, 2024
Port Charlotte, FL
Here is a batch that I assisted in. I did most of the finishing and buffing but was shown the process of making them while doing a little bit to try my hand at it. Still working on acquiring some equipment.

(Picture deleted per the rules, please review them!) Thank you-- didimauw

This picture was taken before buffing.

Last edited by a moderator:

auskip07

Lurker
Feb 26, 2024
Here is a batch that I assisted in. I did most of the finishing and buffing but was shown the process of making them while doing a little bit to try my hand at it. Still working on acquiring some equipment.

View attachment 292080

Very Savinelli Bruna esk. Do you know if these are for sale online?

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
I and a woodturner and have made a few pipes on the lathe...nothing great. I have an older gentleman who has started to mentor me in the pipe making business as he is getting older and does not know how much longer he will be able to do it. I am looking forward to see what information this forum has to offer.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA

View attachment 292080

Hard to make out much. A close up of one or two pipes would do the trick. Also, may I add that unless you are using manual exposure and focus, shooting dark objects on light background means photo is under exposed.

loucurr

Lurker
Feb 27, 2024
Port Charlotte, FL
Hard to make out much. A close up of one or two pipes would do the trick. Also, may I add that unless you are using manual exposure and focus, shooting dark objects on light background means photo is under exposed.
Thanks for the advice. I will get a close up of the one that I kept form myself out of the batch.

auskip07

Lurker
Feb 26, 2024
Thanks. I thought that with a pipe being dark that a lighter background would be better. I will have to dig out my other backgrounds to my light box.
you want contrast but too much mutes the details. Where are these pipes sold?