PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AverageSmoker

Lurker
Apr 9, 2024
Philippines
Hi. Will be my first time ordering internationally.

Just wanna ask how do sellers label their products for shipping? I read something here awhile back that they place "Hobby material" in the packaging?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kcghost

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Try local pipe groups or maybe someone here is from close to you and can work something out as far as tobacco, try local pipe groups as well.

Most if not all shippers will label packages exactly what they are, they are not looking to have problems.

Taxes and duties can be high depending on your country, there is no way around that, it's up to your customs if and how much they charge you.

Look for shops close to you or in shipping friendly countries close to you.

No one will tell you to break any laws.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I think 4noggins used to do that but I don't know if they (or anyone else) still does.
Quite a few used to and they shipped UPS but then UPS started grabbing all of their shipments so they stopped, WCC had a problem with shipping to Canada for awhile as i recall. So if people ship I'm guessing they are going to ship with correct labels, no one wants to deal with customs issues or having orders returned to them because of customs or the purchaser found out the taxes and duty was sky high and refused the order then wanted a full refund including shipping and expected the seller to just lose money.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Labeling things like "Hobby Materials" is a quick way to get it opened or rejected. Someone either has to lie or write it down. Even vague titles like "mens Clothes" is no longer accepted. Customs expects specifics. 1 Mens Pants, 3 pairs of socks etc...

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
There are still a few secret squirrels out there...
I'd gladly trade cubans for pipe tobacco. Maybe I'd offer it someday on the sell/swap section. Here in Spain we have a huge selection. Alas, they are getting more expensive each year.