PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Darn, I have only the un-special non-reserved type, but it's good as is. I'd also throw in Bengal Slices as a nice complement to the genre. And that's also meant to be a compliment!

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
I’ve got both those animals , the ordinary 4 legged goat and the souped up goat with mag wheels and genuine Corinthian leather .
Which one is plumbed better we shall soon see

wolflarsen

Jul 29, 2018
Nope. Seattle Pipe Club blends are produced by Sutliff, which we all know only makes gawd awful nasty tobacco. On top of that, latakia is for amateurs so immature that they're incapable of smoking straight Virginia like all the cool pipers do.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from my favorite blend that sorry excuse for tobacco. :wink:

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Plum Pudding SR and Reg is some delicious smoking!! Bengal Slices by SToP is also pretty terrific. Good enough to smoke both back to back.

ken56

Might Stick Around
Sep 30, 2018
Well Smoked my first bowl of Plum Pudding - Actually did not care for it at all. But hey all taste buds are different. My Favorite right now is "Taste of Summer" Sutliff

May 4, 2015
It’s the first pipe tobacco I ever smoked, and still one of my favorites.
I know your brother is a fan. He evangelizes the stuff at every opportunity. ;)
It is quite good though. Fine example of a Balkan.

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
I think i have to open my 8oz tin today. Finished the last i had opened last week and all this reading about the awesome Plum Pudding makes me crave another bowl.

wbradk

Lurker
Feb 2, 2012
I picked up a can of the Special Reserve a year or two ago...the comments about it here make me want to rush home and pop the top...maybe I will...

yuda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2017
Somehow I picked up 2 tins(probably PAD) related so I decided to crack one open and let the other(without the warnings ruining the art) age.
Wow. That is some tasty stuff! According to my amateur pallet, it's a delightful sweet and sout bbq taste witg some raisins/plumbs/fruit sneaking up on me thanks to the Perique. Fantastic tobacco and I'm looking forwars to see what age will do to the other tin(s)

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Plum pudding is amazing. It is in my top 5. I have a couple tins of reserve, but am saving them for a special occasion.

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
I don't contribute very often... :oops: but enjoy browsing the forum.
But what npod wrote made me want to chip in...........because I wish 3 years back I had done that......
Smoke through a tin of each classic type of blend....then extend
I bought loads of samples.............and got lost in the process for the first year...3 years+ and I am starting to understand what I like.......and appreciate what I am smoking.
Another good idea is to buy a sample of pure Burley, Virginia, Latikia.....etc. This gives you an idea of what the raw component tobacco is like.....wish I had done this as well.....lol :)
Edit:........and what you don't like now......you may love in three years time....I speak from experience.

magicpiper

Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I love Plum Pudding Regular and Special Reserve. I don’t get Mississippi River though. It has no flavor in my opinion. I’ve tried different pipes and smoking at different paces. Nothing will coax flavor out of it. I have a few tins of the Special Reserve in the cellar. Hoping that won’t let me down.

okiepiper

Might Stick Around
Jan 4, 2019
Ion the past few months I've ordered 4 8oz. cans of Plum Pudding. My wife keeps asking me when I am going to try a bowl but I haven't cracked one yet.

elvergun

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2017
If you haven't tried the Special Reserve version of Plum Pudding, you are missing out.
I actually prefer the 'normal' Plum Pudding. The latakia content (or strength) is more more to my liking -- I can taste all the individual components, with some dominating the others as you work down the bowl.. All I can taste in the SR is the latakia.

kens

Lurker
Jan 28, 2019
I've went through a tin of this blend and as much as I want to like it I just Don't. But that's me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.