PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
A friend of mine has been making pipes for a little over a year and has been sending some of his work my way. I decided to throw him a curve ball and asked him for a Christmas pipe. When he inquired how I would like it made, I set up a scene of Santa just getting in from his delivery run, reindeer in their stables, coat on the rack, and he settles down for an end of day smoke. I told him whatever pipe he saw Santa smoking in that scene was the pipe that I wanted. My only contribution to the design was that I wanted an antler accent on either the stem or the shank. He blew me away with not only a pipe, but a matching tamper.

The stem is a three piece of cumberland, white juma, and ebonite. The shank accent is ebonite, white juma, and antler with a white juma cap on the end.

View attachment 12485

The tamper is briar with an accent of antler, cumberland, and ebonite.

View attachment 12487

He left a live edge on the shank antler accent and it really sets off the overall design. This is going to be a much different Christmas Pipe as it's going to be smoked on Christmas Eve night while this Santa is waiting to hear young feet excitedly patting through the house on Christmas morning to discover what's under the tree.???

Upon seeing the pipe first hand, I told him it was the most beautiful pipe I had ever seen........and now I want six more for a seven day set!
Thanks for the update. Very nice accents! Solid pipe!

meatballj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
Beautiful pipe in of it itself. The accompanying story and fact it was made by a friend make it all the more special. I really think the stain highlights the Christmas season. Enjoy it and something rich for a tobacco to christen it I would think...English Chocolate for my recommendation.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Enjoy it and something rich for a tobacco to christen it I would think...English Chocolate for my recommendation.
I'm not sure why, maybe the color, maybe the shape, but it just keeps making me think English Chocolate. Honestly I think the overall color scheme of pipe, accents, and stem are making me think of a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows.?

Status
Not open for further replies.