PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
Funny how some people perceive the blend differently. To me, Grousemoor has none of the floral/perfume attributes mentioned. I find it is something I enjoy most during warm weather (peak of the summer) and what I get out of it is the smell and taste of fresh young virginia tobacco and very "citrusy". The best way I can describe what I experience when I smoke it is if you were to eat a nice thick homemade lemon pie without the meringue while smoking a pure virginia flake. As far as nicotine goes, it is a tricky one. 9 out of 10 bowls I will not feel a thing but once a while, if the stars align in a wrong way, I get light headed and have to put the pipe down. With all that being said, I would have no problem recommending this blend to someone who enjoys the citrus-like qualities of virginia tobacco but wants to try something bolder.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
Samuel Gawith is one of the few tobacco companies that still makes their own tobacco in the UK and that hasn't been taken over by the big tobacco companies. They still use traditional methods to manufacture their products with the very same equipment they opened their factory with more than 100 years ago. I think it is worth mentioning that most of this machinery has been granted "national heritage" status by the British government. To say I love Samuel Gawith is such an understatement (I simply adore them).
1_zpsynhcys5u.jpg

9_zpsrlq9eqne.jpg

17_zpscqvc9zhv.jpg

28_zpskypwawcv.jpg

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I just cracked a two (first time trying it out) year old tin of SG Grousemoor. I dug deep into the tobacco before smelling it, and I was ALMOST disappointed, I barely could smell anything other than tobacco. Tobaccoreviews calls the scent lemon grass, but I don't get even that. The tobacco's moistness was perfect. Not dry, but almost spongy. I like a stronger smoke lately, and usually English or Balkan or non aromatic, but this was a satisfying smoke. What more could you want.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Its a good aromatic that none can copy in my opinion. Though I don't reach for it often. It is still a top tier tobacco.

Dec 24, 2012
I am sure there are a few tobaccos I liked less than this one. I can't think of any at the moment, but I am sure one will come to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.