PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pipebuddy

Plug wise, for me, Peterson's 3P is the only way to go. I bought other Plugs such as Warrior Plug, Wessex's Gold Brick, Revor Plug, Kendal Plug and even Erinmore Plug.

Some are similar to 3P and others lack a lot of body or flavors. But not 3P. It has both, especially after a few years of aging.

And its price is just great. :puffpipe:

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Looks great! I have never heard of Salty Dogs, so I read the tobaccoreviews.com reviews. The "navy plug" history is really cool. Any similar recommendations for more readily-available navy plugs? I'd like to give the style a try.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Any similar recommendations for more readily-available navy plugs?

Peterson 3 Ps is similar. [Note I said similar, but still different in it's own right]. I enjoy both very much. They do both scratch the same itch for me. Unfortunately, 3 Ps is now on the hard-to-find list.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think mild blends appeal to specific smokers. Some I really enjoy, and others I can't taste. I do like my rum flavored aros with a sturdy if not strong base tobacco.

Dec 24, 2012
Ok. I’ll try that again. How does SD compare to Mick McQuaid’s Plug?
I have some McQuaid plug put away but haven't smoked it in ages. I don't recall them tasting similar, though.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I wasn’t impressed with Salty Dogs.
I agree.
My favourite plug, just behind revor.
You can have it to. Did not care for it at all. But as always, smoke what ya like,like what ya smoke. Were all different and that is why so many different blends are out there... :D

Dec 24, 2012
You can have it to. Did not care for it at all. But as always, smoke what ya like,like what ya smoke. Were all different and that is why so many different blends are out there...
Not a lakelands fan, eh? lol

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I really enjoy Salty Dogs and have a good amount put away. I found that I can fit 4 whole plugs in a pint sized mason jar. I hate having to jar stuff, but SD is worth the pain in the ass that jarring is.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Ok ok, you talked me into it. Haven't tried a plug yet and SD sounds really good. 4 noggins has it if you want it.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I'm interested in this one but I haven't been able to pull the trigger. I still have reservations about it - alcohol flavoured blends haven't been my thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.