PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Andy: The question then arises: "Why a 'General Discussion' forum?"
That things may have gotten out of hand is undeniable. However, this is still a place where other subjects, not related to pipe, can be discussed.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
General Discussion – Talk about the weather, movies, TV, books, magazines and your favorite color
Guys we can still talk about whatever we want to here, it does not have to have the word pipe or tobacco in it to make it legal...
Just keep it clean and friendly and all is okay.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
That things may have gotten out of hand is undeniable. However, this is still a place where other subjects, not related to pipe, can be discussed.
You answered your own question. Things got out of hand. There was always general discussion. It just depends on what's being discussed.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
A rhetorical question which I answered. It was more the "how" as opposed to the "what." Everyone, well those that bother to read the rules, understands what the taboo subjects are. It was just that some, sometimes inadvertently, sometimes on purpose, could not keep certain subjects from their responses.
And, I will be the first to admit as I sometimes contributed, there were the threads that simply became inane. And, the inanity will return. In the near future I predict. It's just the nature of the beast. It's the raison d'etre for the existence of mods.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
The site is different for it. It is up to those remaining to prove if it is better. And they have a bit of heavy lifting to do if they are going to succeed.
Starting with you my friend.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Those who left were warned that the Epic thread would not go seven pages before being deleted .Kevin contacted me after I took the blame for my part . I did call Mike on the phone to apologize and asked him to return .A lot of people post on here and become popular after a while they forget who owns this site and try to test the KID .If you keep asking to have your account deleted trust me it will happen .If you overstep your bounds and man up and tell Kevin you made a mistake you wish you could take it back and make amends that will happen too . I have been hanging out here a long time .I remember the days when there were on a handful of us and Cortez and I would go at it just for fun .Members come and go ,moderators come and go ,groups of people come and go .The forum explodes every now and then ,yet it continues as the number one Pipes and Tobacco web site on the face of the earth .Everyone is welcome from the guy with one corn cob and a pouch of Capitan Black to people who have more money invested in pipes and tobacco than I paid for my last new Cadillac .I also remember how excited as group we were to have advertisers because it meant a better server for the website . This is Kevins website he built it stayed up late and spent countless hours making it what it is .He represents us as a gentleman ,gracious host and an outstanding ambassador for our hobby .And trust me it is not always a paying gig for him .Now if you think I am brown nosing that is not my style ,never has been me never will be me . But I will always say, Thank You Kevin Godbee !

darthcider

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 24, 2014
Wales
I came here initially because if you type just about any pipe related question into your search engine it directs you here.

Once here I enjoyed the banter.

Yes, some threads/posts are near the knuckle, but I am here for the pipe stuff, which remains generous and given freely.
Back to the original OP, I haven't seen Anglesey on here for a while.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@tanless1: It you contact Dan at El Crappo Tobacco he can keep you in the loop but I believe they are within touching distance of launching the stuff.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I missed it all. I ignored that "epic thread" after I read the first post because I saw no point to it, TBH.
I am glad to have the "no politics" rule here. I left another pipe forum shortly after I got chewed out by an admin for calling attention to some hypocrisy. That place ended up forming a politics section that you had to specifically ask to be granted access to. That was a hobby site,however, and this is a business with a forum tacked on. We should have friendly discussions, not rants. :puffy:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Perhaps not touching distance of launching, but we continue to make good progress. It will happen. Taking a brand and a blend from 0-60 can't be done at Tesla speed. It's more like the speed of an old War Horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.