Sabbatical Thoughts 1 - A Toast "To Absent Friends" (long and rambling)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@pitchfork, thanks - I'm so exhausted I can hardly lift a glass, let alone a clunky 'Danishoid' artisan pipe!

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@bigboi, thanks - I listened all the way through until the dog bit me because I was snoring! The sentiment however is truly appreciated!!

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
It's great to see you again Flaky, and I can't believe it's been 3 months.

P.S. Dread what school? if you don't mind my asking.

~Ron

pipenscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
Welcome back flakey! As a new member I'm looking forward to the friendships that I'll be making on this wonderful site :puffy:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
flakey, looks like we came back at the same time. Congrats on getting the new company started, I am sure it was a very stressful time for you. Glad to hear you were able to take some time off to decompress. A cottage, pipes, tobacco, fine wines and ports and most important your dog, sounds like heaven to me.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Welcome back! Glad to hear things are going well. I'll raise a glass of wine and have a smoke in honor of Harris and your return!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Flakey
I remember you mentioning that you were going to withdraw for awhile. Congrats on your new endeavors.
Good to see you back.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@Harris,thanks - yes this a perfect place: a stone-built cottage on the banks of Loch Awe in the western Highlands. Pauline dropped me off last week, so I'm stranded! But with two pipes, six blends, a dozen and a half claret and four bottles of port I think I should be okay. Flo (my labradoodle bitch) loves it here - I've been teaching her how to swim in the loch - and it enhances the experience for me. She is indeed my best friend, my only friend at the moment; I haven't seen another human since Pauline left!!
@plateauguy, allan, peck and petes - thanks, it's good to be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.