PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Man oh man, what a difference! Instead of tasting like something that got mucked out of a horse stall I got a beautiful smoke with a variety of notes, spice, citrus, grass, and it burned effortlessly. Thank you for your guidance! Where does one find it in bulk?
Happy to help.
By bulk, I mean the 250g boxes. Smokingpipes sells them for $30, which is a nice deal, although 250g of this doesn't go as far as other blends, due to moisture.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I bought 10 tins of FVF at JR almost 2 years ago. I had been talking about aging it to the clerk, and when he said yes, but you're going to smoke some now, I said no. Why smoke any now when it will be so much better with age? He didn't get it.

ruscho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
I smoke and stock equal (and large) quantity of both, because I am yet to make my mind up on which I prefer :)
Fair priced quality tobacco done the "old way". What's not to like?

schaum

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2014
When FVF went scarce I bought BBF and found it to be outstanding. I won't be without either now.
I wonder if there's any more great ones to be found.

andya27

Jun 15, 2014
I've now smoked several bowls of FVF. And I must say it's one fine tobacco - by far my favorite S.G. tobacco.
I'm not finding it all that strong. There is minimal bite, even when pushed. There is a wonderful flavor to it - not sure I can identify it - almost a citrus flavor - but not like Orlik Golden Sliced. The tin note is not similar to any of my other Virginias either. The tin doesn't mention any topping, but there's just something extra that seems to be in this tobacco.
Anyway, this is one I'll be purchasing more of.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
FVF has outfoxed me the few times I've smoked it, but I intend to persevere with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.