PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
It ghost for a couple of bowls then subsides. Not worth passing on. Just smoke some Haunted Bookshop in the pipe. Neutralize it.
I think the Elizabethean Mixture ghost is worse than RY.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Sometimes, Royal Yacht haunts my dreams, but in a good way.
I imagine myself on some deserted island, with nothing to my name but a good briar, and suddenly a case of the 'Yacht floats ashore.
I look at it, then scatter the rocks I had arranged to spell out HELP. Rescue can wait.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A little residual is nice. I don't call that ghosting. A ghost is like two months or twenty years later. Who ya gonna call? Don't blame Joe on Royal Yacht. I think he trained as a priest and wrote and maybe published some poetry earlier in his life, before he took up mass murder.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Every time I think of Conniston Flake ("Unscented"), the specter of ghosts haunts me... great tobacco, horrible old lady death topping, and ghosts pipes like unavenged murdered children in horror films.

amorley

Lurker
Jun 9, 2016
It's never really ghosted in my experience. This however, does not prevent a significant number of people from just plain hating Royal Yacht.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
This however, does not prevent a significant number of people from just plain hating Royal Yacht.
Which has often been referred to as 'Royal Yuck' by many. I smoke it and enjoy it on occasion, but it's never flipped my boat, much less noticing it being heavy on the nicotine side.
Other than that welcome to the site. Perhaps a smile would be welcome as you look quite displeased or angry (referring to your avatar),but perhaps you were smoking Mixture No.79 at the time. Only jesting of course. :wink:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It's delicious. I smoke it because it is the whole package: flavor, Nicotine, easy to light and smoke.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
It's delicious. I smoke it because it is the whole package: flavor, Nicotine, easy to light and smoke.
Yeah, I think all of us already gathered that by now birthplastic.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
As for ghosting, I may not be the best to offer an opinion, as I enjoy a little ghost. Royal Yacht is one of a handful of blends I use to de-ghost a pipe. Your experience may differ ...
I guess the topic's fallen off, though. :rofl:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Birthplastic?
This got me to thinking how the 5 elements of Eastern Astrology might match up to the life cycle:
birth = water

childhood = fire

adulthood = earth

old age = wood

death = metal

Status
Not open for further replies.