PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
I've have a couple Savinelli pipes, and I had a couple Rossi pipes in the past. The Rossi pipes smoked great, and the shapes were great, but they felt a little cheap to me. I had the same shape in Rossi and Savinelli and the Rossi didn't feel as substantial. Not sure if that's the word I'm looking for. That said, if a Rossi in a shape I liked came up as an estate or on sale, I'd gladly purchase another

TheBarstoolsBuiltForBen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2023
Texas
I have one of each and they both smoke very similar. The Savinelli feels better quality in hand. I had similar thoughts when I bought a Berreta shotgun years ago. I really liked a model that was just out of my price point. My Dad gave me some sage advice and told me to get the one that I really liked, even if it was a short term stretch. He said that I would still be eyeing it after I “settled, on the cheaper model, and a few bucks more now is insignificant for something that will give you years of enjoyment and satisfaction. I’m glad I made that choice. My opinion, splurge for the Sav. You will likely still want to own one at some point. My $.02.

Reactions: FLDRD

Lost Somnambulist

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2021
Alabama
I have one Rossi, it is pre-Savineli, and it smokes superbly and is well made. If it had a more affluent name stamped on it, it would have sold for several times what I gave for it without a second thought. It is even outfitted with a sterling clad spigot. I would be willing to give another Rossi a chance.

20230930_070742.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Dave760

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
No one seems to mention Lorenzo, I have a few Freehands from them and they are all good smokers, they are all rusticated so you cant see any fills, they were renowned for fills but were very popular in the 70's and 80's.