PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

denholrl

Might Stick Around
Mar 27, 2011
I'm looking to share a ride from O"Hare to the Chicago Pipe Show. I'm arriving at O'Hare on Thursday, May 3rd at 6:30 PM. If you're interested, please contact me at robdenholtz@gmail.com, 845-489-7242.
Thanks,
Rob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just an aside, but having grown up not far from O'Hare, I always wondered if the organizers of the Chicago Pipe Show priced venues at the hotels on the elevated line from the airport, just a few stops away. It would really make attending the show convenient and do away with the need to rent cars. It seems as if the hotels would want to strike a deal, since I don't think they run anywhere near capacity, though I'm just speculating on that. The smoking prohibitions could be circumvented, maybe, by having a tent as a smoking area on the grounds. I've never been, but the Pheasant Run venue sounds like it has filled the bill, but maybe this is an alternative if that every changed. There's a little community in the vicinity of some of those hotels, Rosemont, that has a park with a pond, bridges, and swans, which would make a nice outdoor area, if not a smoking area. I guess it would depend on how the hotel rates are going in any particular year. They may run high, regardless of capacity, to keep them high otherwise.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
I'm local, and will pass right by O'Hare. If anyone is getting in before noon on Thur, I could pick you up. Shoot me a dm.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I suspect that barriers to a move to a more convenient location would be high prices and finding hoteliers who are as motivated as Pheasant Run has been to accommodate a smoking event. Besides, it's only a twenty minute drive from home for me now and O'Hare is an hour away. :-P

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
I think it's continuity in part, as well as since it ain't broke, why fix it? I know I'm not going to bring up moving it closer to O'Hare, because I'd risk being assigned to head up the scouting process...no thanks. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.