PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

T. Gerber

Lurker
Nov 28, 2023
If you ever come through the Portland area, I highly recommend stopping by Rich's Cigar Store. I see online that it shows two locations in downtown Portland, but this post is in regard to the Alder location. I've been to a lot of tobacconists where the atmosphere is off and the staff isn't very knowledgeable on tobacco and pipes. This is not the case here! Great customer service and knowledgeable staff. They have a huge selection of pipes and for good price. When it comes to tobacco, you're better off buying tins online as they are quite pricey. They have quite the variety of house blends, with a focus on aromatics. I prefer tins and English blends, so the only tobacco's I've picked up from there were a 965 match and Bill's Blend (vanilla and armagnac aromatic) which wasn't my cup of tea.

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Yeah man. Was there last year. Went to both locations. The original spot, around the corner from Powell’s Books, is incredible. I have never seen so many pipes in one place. I picked up a tin of Wessex Brown Flake, a “Made in Italy” basket pipe, and a Peterson Aran 106.
I spoke with Bill of “Bill’s Blend” fame and he is the codger of all codgers.