PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Rich Esserman. Rich is one of our regular guests that has been on the show many times, and is returning after a 15-month hiatus. Rich has penned innumerous articles about pipes and tobacco for several publications, and he is known for collecting quite large pipes. We’ll get caught up with Rich, and also get his take on some of the same questions we asked Steve Fallon on his recent episode. At the top of the show we’ll have a tour of the tobaccos that Brian is most coveting in his collection right now.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Rich-Esserman.jpg

Mrs. Pickles

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 8, 2022
AZ, USA
Thanks for indulging my request for a tour of your tobacco collection, Brian!

I love that the gift from your daughter has an honored place on the shelf next to those vintage McCranie's, McClelland's, and McConnell's.

Reactions: Nevaditude

andysc83

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2012
Laurens, South Carolina
Hey Brian! Another great show and I enjoyed hearing you go through some of your tobacco collection. I also enjoyed hearing from Rich as I could listen to him talk about pipes/tobacco all day. I'm probably in the minority but I thought Adam's music choice was great and I think the J in his name stands for Jabroni!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Man I love hearing from Rich. Every time he says "lookit" I can't help but smile. His passion for pipes is so infectious and I love how he takes joy in the pipes other people love even if he doesn't love them himself. The man just loves pipes!

Question for Brian and Rich: Where do you guys talk pipes and tobacco with people? It's clear that neither of you guys get tired talking about our hobby and could do it for hours on end. But the two of you and many other prominent people in our hobby don't seem to be very active on the various media except maybe a little on Instagram. Some of the people on this forum could spend spend all day here and still not get enough of talking pipes and I'm sure you guys are the same. I know you have a weekly Zoom with some of your friends but are there other things? I hope this doesn't come off as prying; I'm mainly interested in hearing what avenues people are using to connect about pipes and tobacco.