Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Robin Hood

Lurker
Apr 28, 2023
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I’m new to the hobby so forgive my lack of pertinent vocabulary (this isn’t so much a review as a declaration of love)
This tobacco is sensational. Rich, round, leathery and creamy, with thick clouds of unassuming triumph left floating in its wake.
Slow, consistent burn produces a delightfully white, powdery ash. Plenty of nicotine but of a civilised concentration.
I thought Royal Yacht would be hard to beat, and it is indeed a fine tobacco… but to my (admittedly amateur palate) this Revor Plug is sheer AMBROSIA!

Jun 9, 2018
England
I’m new to the hobby so forgive my lack of pertinent vocabulary (this isn’t so much a review as a declaration of love)
This tobacco is sensational. Rich, round, leathery and creamy, with thick clouds of unassuming triumph left floating in its wake.
Slow, consistent burn produces a delightfully white, powdery ash. Plenty of nicotine but of a civilised concentration.
I thought Royal Yacht would be hard to beat, and it is indeed a fine tobacco… but to my (admittedly amateur palate) this Revor Plug is sheer AMBROSIA!
Yeah, Revor is the business.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Any review that's honest is a good review. And you get more out of reviews if you have a range of styles and experience levels giving those reviews. And now I have a much better idea of where rever plug lands on my I'll get around to trying it some day list. If you can express your experience with the tobacco and the things you've noticed then you can write a legit review. Also while you might get a stern letter from the official tobacco reviews review board, keep in mind they have no legal authority and their threats are totally empty (trust me even if they really would fight you like they say they're a bunch of wimps and I'd be more afraid of fighting three toddlers that got into the communion wine).

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
What kind of shops in the UK sell Revor Plug? I've a friend there who I can ask to send me some but he's not a pipe smoker. He's in Aberdeen.
Tobacconist shops are the shops that tend to sell tobacco in the UK.
Herbert Love in Aberdeen is one such shop. If your friend prefers to buy ‘online’ there’s quite a few.
mysmokingshop
GQ Tobacco
The Baccy Shop
James Barber
Smoke King
Turmeaus
Havana House
CGars Ltd.
etc. etc.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Would like to try it someday. I emailed G&H asking why it’s not available in the USA. They said it wasn’t a blend that existed in the USA before 2007 and would be cost prohibitive to get approval now.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

Robin Hood

Lurker
Apr 28, 2023
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Nice and bold tobacco indeed but hard to keep lit,as is the case with all these tobaccies in plug form, I presume I'm not preparing them properly. as for the tobacconist shops in Scotland heres one in Edinburgh, the pipeshop.co.uk
I had some success with it, by rubbing it into two separate piles: one of fine, small pieces and one of larger flakes. Then alternating them into layers within the bowl. Think the larger surface area of the finer grind serves to burn a little hotter and ignite the larger pieces.. still required a couple of relights, but it went on forever and to be honest didn’t really mind the occasional pause as it’s quite robust