PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
This was not a blend that I enjoyed right off the bat. It was a little harsh in taste, mouth feel, and aroma from the very very start of the bowl. I even contemplated tossing it out. But I stuck in there with it and was rewarded with a very unique, and heady smoke. The dark fired VA's bring a smokiness to the experience that is tasty and very bold. The second half of the bowl settles down in harshness but not in flavor. The smoke that I got from this was full and thick. I did not retrohale this, frankly I was afraid of the bite that I might get from doing so. I will most probably do so in future bowls. The blend is what I imagine an old school, hard hitting, grease under you fingernails, and lead in your belly blend to taste like. The Vit. N is fairly strong in this. I would say that I got more nicotine in this bowl than I do in a typical bowl of Night Cap. All in all not bad, but it will be a very occasional smoke for me.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Black Rope has to be accepted on its own terms. It cannot be finessed but instead must be valued for having a formidable potency as well as what some writers call its creosote, industrial oil taste. If you home on the latter two flavors, you'll be done with it after no more than a few bowls. But when I smoke it, and I smoke it late at night when I'm half-awake, I find its dark flavor very enjoyable. But even so it still has a cloying flavor, which is not as strong as the creosote, so I go around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.