PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Nice review L! I have some BHT on hand at all times. It's a nice smoke indeed! Thanks for adding your .02!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Bald Headed Teacher doesn't seem to be a true English blend nor does it seem to fit into the realm of Aromatics.

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
I received a complimentary sample of this blend and I might say its wonderful. I do like to add a little more Latikia to the blend myself, but as is its great

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks Lawrence - since they're based in VT (which taxes the bejeezus out of us) - I will never get to try it, but good to know.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
@numbersix, not to worry about the VT tax. Mine comes in the mail, no problem. PM me if you need more info.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Baldheaded teacher is a good tobacco. I think I finished up my last 2 ounces last summer. I might order a few more ounces this winter. I like to smoke this blend outside while I'm shoveling snow or working in the garage.
It's a good tobacco but not a favorite.

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
Sorry to be the sour note. I too got a sample in an order. What stuck and put me off was what another member said, "floral/perfume smell and/or taste" and that just stayed in front of me all through the first smoke which was also the last. Guess this is what makes for 3000 blends.
If you want to try another aromatic/English mix, Iwan Ries (private labeled) has one that I've occasionally enjoyed in the past. It is Doctor Preston Bradley. It gives a lot of the traditional English taste but is definitely an aromatic too. Somehow the aro doesn't really intrude while being quite definitive. I can't call it a real favorite but it was always a pleasant smoke. And it skirted the holding nose and running away syndrome.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
I wholeheartedly believe in the power of suggestion. If you read ‘don’t think of a black cat’, what do you think of? If only at a subconscious level, you probably thought of a black cat. I believe that is what has happened here with Floral scent in Bald Headed Teacher. THERE IS NO FLORAL SCENT!!! It is simply Virginias, Burley, and Latakia.
This is the only thread that has ever mentioned the "Floral Scent" and, which is natural, and has stuck in the subconscious of many readers.
If you read ‘don’t think of a black cat’, what do you think of? If only at a subconscious level, you probably thought of a black cat, should now read "What a lovely tobacco Bald Headed Teacher is"
Rich

4noggins.com

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
I read this thread last evening, before Rich's reply, and immediately loaded my best Rex with BHT. Yummy!
Thanks Rich for clearing that up. It's important to me, and others, to know it's just the flavor of tobacco.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
I love Bald Headed Teacher! Rich at 4Noggins is a talented blender. When I smoke it it get Burley, Virginia and the suggestion of Latakia. Great tobacco flavor form the beginning of the smoke and all the way through. Some blends I have tried I feel like I am having to work at enjoying. In Bald Headed Teacher, Rich has put three different types of tobacco together in what I believe is simple, easy to understand, easy to enjoy, harmony.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Of the fifteen or so tobaccos I have smoked BHT gets the best room-note compliments. It even beats out the aros.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Just ordered a few ounces... Came today... Am smoking a bowl now. Very pleasant taste. Cool. Easy light and burn. Eager for my wife to come home so she can tell me if she likes the room note. Seems a great blend for folks wanting to move away from aromatics.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I really like Virginia/burley blends, and this sounds like a good one. Some blenders allude to this being "American." I buy some of these, and mix some of these myself, and find them among my most satisfying smokes. I have such an abundance of excellent blends on hand, but I'll put this one on my list. It sounds delicious, and straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.