PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
I agree with most of your observations; however, I think it can be, if not an all-day smoke, certainly 2 or 3 bowls full. Wouldn't likely smoke it day after day, but, then, don't think I would any blend; I like variety. I think it is an excellent entry level blend for those wanting to try English without being overwhelmed by Latakia. The Burley makes it a nice change-up from Westminster or the other English I smoke regularly. Just put about a pound of it into cellar.
Good review.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Weezell... No. Not in my "beloved 1Q" :D
Checotah I agree with your take on BHT.

I smoke mostly Aros because The War Department would have my a$$ if I smoked too much Latakia.

So, as a departure from the typical English blend, (if there is such a thing) it's a good smoke. (IMHO)

As Weezell pointed out my usual all-day-smoke would be 1Q... but a couple of bowls of Bald Headed Teacher makes for a nice change of pace.
Thanks for the compliments on my review guys... I appreciate it.

:puffy:

baldy

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2011
Nice review. BHT is certainly one of my favourite. The name has a certain appeal to me.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
This may just give me an escuse to give 4 noggins a try. Thanks for the great review!

Dec 24, 2012
Rich at 4noggins tossed a sample of this in my last order. Just trying it now while doing some yard work - pretty tasty stuff.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I like it as well. I find a hint of some floral/perfume smell and/or taste when I smoke it. I find I would only get that if I took a large draw from the pipe. A nice blend and it's balanced well. Rich did a good job on this one!

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I am trying a sample of this as I type and really line the taste. I got marshmallow on the char and then it smokes a lot like frog Morton ott. I really enjoy this blend.

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
Just ordered some (last night) and can't hardly wait to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.