PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Far from soliciting advice on how to "breathsmoke", I was simply curious if those who do pursue this technique find that it puts moisture back into the pipe.
I got that. I never considered it a technique, nor something to be pursued, but on examination, found I was doing so. I gurgle once in a blue moon, so it's hardly a problem. Some folks just want to be superior in criticizing others. Thanks for the OP.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@jpm- I hope I did not come off as trying to be superior, or attempting to criticize anyone. If I did, I apologize, as it was certainly not my intention.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
That said, just put a pipe in your mouth and forget its there. You'll be breathsmoking naturally in no time. Just stop puffing, stop paying attention to it, and don't touch the pipe with your hand. You will naturally start breathsmoking without worrying over the subtle nuances.
When I was a kid, men just lit their pipes, and carried on doing what men do, stacking firewood, reading the paper, balancing the checkbook, etc... This was breathsmoking. No big plumes of smoke coming from them, just smoldering tobacco, in their clinch. No reason to overthink it. Just a slight trickle of smoke constantly circulating through their gullet.
Precisely. That's also the way they got their fill of nicotene, having a smoldering pipe in their mouth most of the day. Otherwise the only way to get it from pipesmoking is to inhale. In other words, they smoked a pipe, didn't make "a hobby" out of it. Clenching a lit pipe all day every day ups the risk for oral cancer, unfortunately. So moderation is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.