PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
4th of July related- I came home to find that a neighborhood lady has stuck flags on a stick at the base of everyones mailbox, and of course it has her Real Estate Co. promotional card on it too. That really ticked me off. I noticed that several other neighbors have removed her card already, and I removed all of it at my mailbox. She happened to drive by while I was out in the driveway and stopped and asked if she had missed putting a flag at my mailbox. I had to tell her that I had a real problem with her self promotion in the name of a Holiday, and that I was not a "proud American". She looked dumbfounded. It's always about the money these days. :cry:

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
i have a four letter word for all vets on this independence day and for many more to come:
AMEN

goodkat

Might Stick Around
May 31, 2011
4th of July related- I came home to find that a neighborhood lady has stuck flags on a stick at the base of everyones mailbox, and of course it has her Real Estate Co. promotional card on it too. That really ticked me off. I noticed that several other neighbors have removed her card already, and I removed all of it at my mailbox. She happened to drive by while I was out in the driveway and stopped and asked if she had missed putting a flag at my mailbox. I had to tell her that I had a real problem with her self promotion in the name of a Holiday, and that I was not a "proud American". She looked dumbfounded. It's always about the money these days. [:cry:]
What a jerk! Promoting her business in a tacky display of patriotism. :evil:

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Thanks for bringing this thread up Hobie, some amazing stories here.

To answer Dunendains question on WW1, read "A Rifleman Went To War", you wont regret it.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
Viet Nam veteran here, and LITERALLY with tears in my eyes I want to welcome home all those that made it back....and my thoughts are always with those that didn't come home.
I am home but missing a leg, and I for one cannot watch any type of war movie, or read a book about war...I just want to forget the agony, the pain, the suffering, the bloodshed, and the dying of my brothers some in my arms, we actually had two brothers die in my Ranger school/class ... and that was just in Ranger school....war sucks all the way around...let the World be in peace for once!

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
Just in case some are wondering how that dying while in training is possible, let me state that not only is it possible, but every Ranger class that I am familiar with had brothers die while in training....the general public just doesn't hear about it.
We used to train HARD for 23 (TWENTY THREE) hours a day....and we would have a mission to accomplish, if we didn't complete the training phase for that day, the training continued on into the next 23 hour period...so that would of course mean 47 hours of training in two days with one hours sleep.....this went on for over two Months.....you are running on complete exhaustion ... so death can come very easily...especially with the extreme training we had to endure.
I believe they have cut down the hours to 21 hours a day of training now.....still 21 hours a day of extremely hard training for two Months will kill, or disable many people.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
ranger, welcome home brother. I can't help but think if We could get all the world leaders to come togeather and smoke pipes maybe thay could fight over what is the best tobacco and no one would ever see war again, but I know that's just a silly dream of mine, but all in all would be nice.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
if We could get all the world leaders to come togeather and smoke pipes maybe thay could fight over what is the best tobacco and no one would ever see war again,
Now that's the only fighting I will agree to, there is way too much violence in the World, I know I've seen enough of it, and I'm tired of it all.

I don't even like the petty arguing over nonsense anymore, it is all so foolish!
Thanks for the welcome home Ace, it is good to be welcomed home...after almost one year of solid training(s), and a tour of Nam...to come home and be spit upon by people who's necks I could break in a nano second, it's feels good whenever anyone today at least shows some respect...it was long overdue, and feels so damn good.
I'm glad at least the troops of today have the home support....we sure as hell didn't....we had to serve a double hell....one over there, and another one from the people at home.
edit: trying to figure out how to do the quote from other posters...guess I goofed.

Edit: Just highlight what you want to quote after you paste it in, then click the "quote" button.

Lawrence (fixed it for you)

Status
Not open for further replies.