PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
will this stuff be sold in bulk?
I highly doubt it. You never could get many bulk Dunhills over here - just EMP, 965, and Nightcap. Peterson just cut back their own line, including dropping bulks. I will bet you that the business logic that led to STG cutting back on the Peterson line also applies to Dunhill. Notice that some blends are gone. puffy

Reactions: jpmcwjr

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I believe in the latest podcast here on pipesmagazine they ran a commercial that mentioned it as one of the returning blends. I was going off of that.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Dang. I hope! But maybe you just heard talk of the flake? Dark flake was the one I really wanted re released.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I thought the commercial specfically said Dark Flake but I could be wrong. I will listen to it again this weekend since I missed part of the podcast.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I should start listening to it honestly!

it wouldn’t be the first time I have received incorrect or incomplete information from a company.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Not saying I am right! I am pretty sure it was mentioned in the ad however. A lot of the podcasts have been really good lately, definitely check them out.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Has anyone tried the "new" Peterson blends vs the old Dunhill blends? I think the the reissued 965 is much closer than the match that is out there. Now I'm comparing the Elizabethan Mix to the old stuff and the match. Your thoughts?

EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title - Bob
In the never ending quest for truth, justice and the pipe smoking way okay, actually for S & G I picked up an "original" tin of Dunhill Nightcap. Now to get the "new" Peterson tin. Then visual comparison and side by side smoking. I expect the experience will show them identical, but who knows? In any case it gives me an excuse to buy more tobacco. Win-Win

Reactions: 3rdguy and jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.