PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

salsa45

Lurker
Jan 8, 2013
So my first pipe was Churchwarden, and from what here the smoke comes out cooler that a shorter would. I recently bought a inexpensive Meershaum pipe at my local B&M. Any secret to smoking a Meerschaum or a shorter pipes. Is there anu surprises I should now of. Im looking to try a new tobacco. I started smoking Nightcap from Dunhill. I have enjoyed it but would like to try some other English blends. Any suggestions. Thanks

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Among many great companies and products you will find from many helpful people here, I would personally recommend checking out Cornell and Diehl's English blends. They are relatively inexpensive when bought in bulk, and there offerings are, at least to me, very beginner friendly. Their website explains how their tobaccos taste, what categories they are, etc. As a relatively new pipe smoker myself I've been able to wrap my brain around the hobby better partially because I'm familiar with some of their products.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
The smoke isn't that much cooler that in a normal pipe if smoked properly. The goal for every pipe is to smoke slow and cool. This applies to all pipes no matter the material.
Currently the English blend that is near the top of my list is H&H - Blackhouse.
G.L.Pease - Jackknife Plug is also incredible.
Welcome to the forums.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Welcome to the group.

Not sure if you are looking for a very full latakia blend, along the lines of Nightcap, or something that's more of an "all day" lat blend. Things like Blackhouse and Blue Mountian I would consider fuller blends.

On the "all day" list I would suggest SG Squadron Leader or Peterson Old Dublin. I am also quite fond of H&H Larry's Blend.

Aug 14, 2012
FK Balkan Supreme. With meerschaums, don't drop them, handle with somewhat clean hands and don't poke a hole in the pipe with a cleaning tool. Some people get carried away, such as "I only smoke my meer with white gloves on and a full moon." Just smoke it.

Status
Not open for further replies.