PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
pipe_logo1_1855816986.jpg
I can't say enough good things about my club. Just a great group of guys (many famous for their businesses in the industry). Pipes, pipe racks, aged tobacco, you name it. I've managed to get over 2lbs of my favorite "unicorn" blends just in the past month. Our shop is also a great spot, hosting many events. A pipe show next weekend that is expected to have a great turnout of artisans and enthusiasts.

Find a pipe club. I ignored it until I was kinda forced to show up (an in person trade) and it was the best thing I've done in this hobby yet.

Aug 1, 2012
When I went to MAPS regularly, we would all bring in new tobaccos and some older ones to share. There was also a member who smoked McClelland tobaccos almost exclusively and would give a bowl of it if asked. The real fun was the discussion. A lot of wisdom and bullshit were shared in nearly equal measure.

Reactions: jaytex1969

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some pipe shops have smoking areas or tables where you can sit and talk or not with others, and you can browse before you sit down to get a range on the company.

Some just quietly smoke. Others are story-tellers. If you find compulsive talkers or disputatious personalities, you can just stay on your feet and keep moving. It has the advantage over a regular pipe club since you can keep moving and no one can be offended.

I have one friend who smokes a pipe and is an exceptionally interesting talker, and doesn't mind just sitting quietly either, but unfortunately he's out of state, so it's just visits involving travel.

Reactions: jaytex1969