PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
The two items I couldn't sort was why a distributor license was needed for a retail brick and mortar store (maybe because he planned to make custom blends) and why the contact information was needed if taxes were being properly collected and remitted to the state. The state seemed to be purposely vague about the requirements and that's partially why he was ranting.

Reactions: vosBghos

Jimmy_Jack

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2021
Just spent a week in Kentucky. While I certainly did not drive through and speak to the whole state....I never once heard an accent this thick. I suspect he is proud and laying it on a bit thick. That's coming from someone (me) that has family in the deepest thickets of Georgia, the Smokey Mountains and originally family was from Somerset KY.

Also, this must be for online only. I bought plenty of stuff while in KY and they didn't ask me a thing.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
True I run B&M skateshop and haven’t had any problems just have my EIN # and make sure to pay my Taxes , when I talked to my distributors about starting an online thing , they were like don’t do it , too much red tape , but I can’t imagine the hell dealing with the ATF , we‘ll see I guess
Look into software tracking and billing solutions for mail order that can factor the differences from location to location and can be updated as those differences change.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
I believe he was trying to relay his displeasure of how Government has put a target on an entire industry. I catch his channel here and there and enjoy it. He (like myself) think fondly of the romance of the "olden days of yore".

It wont be all that long that the U.S. will have tin prices similar to Euro prices if people do not start to stand up to this unfair taxation. Remember, Who will they go after next once they complete the final death blow to the tobacco industry. What will become the next "Sin" tax?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Who will they go after next
"They" are us, the electorate, your neighbors and coworkers. You can't, in the US anyway, separate government from voters simply because it's your ox being gored. Bitching, moaning and getting one's panties in a bunch does nothing to fix a "problem". Working to elect someone you can support or, at least investigating the various candidates and casting one's vote from a position of knowledge might or might not be effective depending on which side of an issue you are on. Society wants smoking to go away, maybe even be abolished legally and all most do is whine, bitch and or post rants misstating the situation. Better to a least write a check to a candidate you can support or, even better, go to work for them a get out the vote.

I fully understand that many think rants and such are, while ineffective, soul satisfying. But, actually performing some meaningful action is just too much work. Studying issues and candidates takes away from one's free time. And the politicians understand most voters are not particularly discerning when it comes to candidates. So, cater to their base, ignoring the rather ineffective bunch who are single issue, the issue not being tobacco, voters.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
@warren
Who said anything about "Not Doing Anything". In fact I said the opposite. I agree with a lot of what you stated and leave it at that so as to not get this locked.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Are you suggesting that the South he's from is possibly the South Bronx?

I had that thought as well. There was something very premeditated about the whole tape, like a performance.
In another life, maybe snake oil or a revival tent.

Reactions: warren

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
My own grandmother made good living that raised three children and send two to college and allowed them to retire early on a two acre corner lot by a school in Hermitage Missouri, by mastery of the Ozark American (hillbilly) dialect in weekly columns in The Index published in Hermitage Missouri.

As her literary executor, I fielded a call from one of her fans this morning. All the copies of all authorized editions of her1963 book Remunishuns of an Ozark Hillbilly are long gone and long out of print, but maybe The Index might have some. But if you have one I’ll authenticate it for free. Ma Agee would be less than tickled that scalawags and shysters out to make two dollars from a pore ole innercent soul was a passin’ off the wooden nickel edishuns as the real coin.

I’m just amazed any counterfeits exit. I can spot one in a second because of the illustrations by “Nanny Jenkins” will never be quite right. My cousin has the original plates used to stamp them.

The last retail price of her book was $10 in 1980. In 1963 it was $2. That’s another clue as to authenticity.

If you’d like to know within about 30 miles where you learned English, try this quiz.

It plants me squarely a half mile South of modern day Hamlet Missouri, which Ma Agee named Bug Tussle in the Ma and Pa series, after a man named Emmet Molder who lived there who called himself the Mayor of Bug Tussle.

I’ve tried other versions of the accent locator and I wind up pure hillbilly on every last one of ‘em.

Last edited:

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
What would be the relevance of a person's state of birth as opposed to their state of residence with regard to recording online transactions?
How else could the sellers explain why the tobacco sojourned there?

But I suppose if they put Nazareth Pennsylvania nobody would be the wiser and Kentucky would not be a farthing poorer.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
My own grandmother made good living that raised three children and send two to college and allowed them to retire early on a two acre corner lot by a school in Hermitage Missouri, by mastery of the Ozark American (hillbilly) dialect in weekly columns in The Index published in Hermitage Missouri.

As her literary executor, I fielded a call from one of her fans this morning. All the copies of all authorized editions of her1963 book Remunishuns of an Ozark Hillbilly are long gone and long out of print, but maybe The Index might have some. But if you have one I’ll authenticate it for free. Ma Agee would be less than tickled that scalawags and shysters out to make two dollars from a pore ole innercent soul was a passin’ off the wooden nickel edishuns as the real coin.

I’m just amazed any counterfeits exit. I can spot one in a second because of the illustrations by “Nanny Jenkins” will never be quite right. My cousin has the original plates used to stamp them.

The last retail price of her book was $10 in 1980. In 1963 it was $2. That’s another clue as to authenticity.

If you’d like to know within about 30 miles where you learned English, try this quiz.

It plants me squarely a half mile South of modern day Hamlet Missouri, which Ma Agee named Bug Tussle in the Ma and Pa series, after a man named Emmet Molder who lived there who called himself the Mayor of Bug Tussle.

I’ve tried other versions of the accent locator and I wind up pure hillbilly on every last one of ‘em.
It says that I'm from Spokane, Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Des Moines, but I confused it as I am actually Canadian, mid/north Albertan to be specific, although I also lived in BC for part of my childhood.

Screenshot_20220802-094819_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: sablebrush52