PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Fantastic pipe all the way around! Gratz. I look forward to getting a Rad once the need to stock up the cellar before the end of the year. One thing I noticed in his latest master pieces is he must have sat down and turned a lot of the same Cumberland stems. If you look at the site and check out many of the recent pipes, they all have the same stems. Hey the man is getting old and if you find something that has been mastered, why not sit down and turn a bunch of them. No reason to jump on me for this, I have the deepest respect for his pipes and talent.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Actually each stem is designed for each individual pipe. Rad nor any other artisan just takes a day to make stems. The stem has to be done in conjuncture with the pipe. He uses Cumberland a lot because that is what people want, plus he also likes it.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
:nana: Haha Harris I actually had your name in there and deleted it. Well there's a yes and a no to your point. But you have to do your own research to find out why lols.
Craig

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Craig, actually there is no yes or no, Rad told me that he only makes one stem at a time for each pipe and that he does not know a single artisan who does not do it the same way. He also told me why he uses a lot of Cumberland. I am not sure where you are getting your information, but I will take Rad at his word. He also did not appreciate you calling him old.

Status
Not open for further replies.