PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Recently, Mike at briar blues posted a commision that he had Rad Davis make for him. See http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/rad-davis-commission
I liked Mike's pipe so much I asked Rad to make me a variant of it. here it is.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Very nice Peck. You have amazing taste my friend! :clap:
Seems like Rad's commissions keep rolling in now that the Chicago show is over. Carvers as talented and in demand as Rad really have to ramp up for those shows I bet. :puffpipe:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
That blast just makes the pipe. This is truly something special you have here.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Is that a ball bearing in the bowl?
I am pretty sure it is something like that. I believe it is part of a magnetic pipe stand that I have seen for sale on a few sites. The magnetic base is probably hidden under the cloth.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe%20accessories/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=70658

Dec 24, 2012
I am pretty sure it is something like that. I believe it is part of a magnetic pipe stand that I have seen for sale on a few sites. The magnetic base is probably hidden under the cloth.
Yep, I have a couple of these rare earth magnet stands - they work really well (as long as your careful)

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Beautiful blast! congrats peck that is one of the best Rad Davis pipes I've seen in a while.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I remember seeing Mike's pipe, both are excellent. No one does a Cumberland stem like Rad. I really like that stain color combo he used.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Now that I have looked at the pipe some more, it is obvious to me that it is way too nice to be in Pecks collection. Talk about giving a pig whipped cream, now send it along to a home that is deserving, you have my address. :nana:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, lol... yeah I wound you, remember I know your an attorney and you guys have no feelings. I think that may be one of the best blasts I have ever seen on a Rad, I want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.