PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Wow! Stunning blast (and it does seem more like an author to me).
You picked a winner!

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Congrats Al. I saw that email myself and it was tough to hold off. Glad it went to a fellow forum member. Enjoy that bad boy!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Spoke with Al via email this morning around 6am east coast time. His pipe bag was packed and headed out the door to the show. I sure hope you all can smoke at the show and have/had a great time there. Remember we love pics Al!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Al, now you did it. You just bought a pipe that is going to hook you on Rads. That shape is going to produce an incredible smoke for you. I remember that tomato you bought and it definitely was not your type of pipe, this one is going to amaze you. That blast is awesome and it is a great looking pipe. I would definitely classify that as an Author. Congrats on your new pipe, make sure you let us know how it smokes for you.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome back Harris! I've been waiting for the right Rad Davis for two years. I picked it up from the Post Office today. Wow, it is gorgeous and sized right too. I was worried it was a little large at 66 grams, but it works with this shape. I am very impressed with the finish of tenon and button. The tenon is very short, which is different and nicely funneled/chamfered. I was at JR Cigars tonight in NJ, but decided to wait to smoke it until I had the comfort of my home (and a few bowls of a burley blend to break it in). Tomorrow night, she goes on the maiden voyage.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Al, I think you will be amazed at how it smokes. It is also a real pleasure cleaning a Rad, you never get a big build up of junk where the tenon goes into the shank.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I like 'em thick and curvy, too. Hope you enjoy the hell out of this pipe -- looks like it was made just for you.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had an opportunity to smoke the pipe this evening, out of the patio in 70 degree temps (rare and welcome for March). The pipe didn't appoint, a nice wide open draw, so an easy smooth smoke. I did touch up the stem with my usual final polish, I like my stems as shiny as possible. I went back to Rad's Gallery to save the sales page and noticed here, he does have it listed as an Author (so I changed the title!).

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Wow, a simply stunning pipe! I have been wanting to acquire an author shaped pipe for a little while now, most likely it will be a Savinelli, but to have a Rad Davis in this shape and the quality that comes along with it would be fantastic. I, Sir, envy your acquisition and wish you many years of wonderful, cool smokes on its behalf!

Status
Not open for further replies.