PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
He passed with less mention than he deserved on the 15th.

Author, former editor of the National Lampoon and sharp witted political commentator he never pulled his punches, for the right reasons. His book “A Parliament Of Whores” explores the American political system.

Pretty much anything he wrote will amuse and provoke thought. A welcome contrast to the strident screeches that pass for commentary today.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
He passed with less mention than he deserved on the 15th.

Author, former editor of the National Lampoon and sharp witted political commentator he never pulled his punches, for the right reasons. His book “A Parliament Of Whores” explores the American political system.

Pretty much anything he wrote will amuse and provoke thought. A welcome contrast to the strident screeches that pass for commentary today.
I kind of miss the kind of guy who you didn't have to agree with to at least get some thoughts sparked up.

trudger

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
I met PJ in ‘87 when he was doing his Troubled Tourist: Holidays in Hell Tour. Very funny and quick with on the spot questions about world affairs. His views made a big impression on me about U.S./world affairs at the time.
Iran Contra, Gary Hart, USS Stark getting hit by Iraq, Reagan in Berlin, Bork rejected, Black Monday, crazy times are not new.