PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I agree that rage is usually accumulative, the eighth or tenth thing that has gone wrong in rapid succession. I doubt either woman gave a damn about the Play Station when they attacked. It was about their self-respect. Clever law enforcement and good bouncers have the art of de-esculation and can often talk down the combatants. I don't know how it is today, but in London in the 1980's and early 2000's, I noticed the Bobbies spent a lot of time in long conversations, letting the air out of potential perps' anger. Once the people feel seen and understood even to a small extent, the need for aggression dissipates. Movies, etc., perpetuate the idea that a fight solves the problem, which is rarely true.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Few years ago my cousin who was a partner of a pharmaceutical company asked me to visit an exhibition in China with him. He had to meet with some Koreans there and because I speak Korean he asked for some help. We flew to Shanghai, attended the exhibition, then in the evening went to see the city. We had a nice meal in a restaurant on the first floor of a mall, then went to wait for a cab in a taxi queue. A cab stopped, two girls were about to take it but the cell phone of one of them rang, she took the call and the taxi left without any passenger. The next car approached, while on the phone she were about to sit in the back, then out of a sudden a guy approached the back door and started slamming the door to her leg. She was sitting in the back with one leg inside and the other one outside, and that guy was literally beating her leg with the door. I looked around, nobody was doing anything. I went ahead, grabbed the guy, threw him around and told the taxi driver to drive. He said something in Chinese and I realized that the guy was coming towards me. I stood in front of the door, he just passed me and tried to grab the girl by her hair. I locked his arms behind his back, pushed him away, he came towards me again, I pushed him again, he hit the back of the cab and fell. And at that moment I realized that he was drunk. I saw the girl getting out of the cab and my cousin just forced me into the cab and asked the driver to leave. He was like "Are you trying to get us deported?" Anyway, the next day after the second day of the exhibition we went to the same mall, my cousin had to do some shopping for his kids. While in a shop, one of the employees approached me and asked whether I was the guy from yesterday's incident or not, with a Bruce Lee face I said "Yes". He told me that I was a hero and offered us some discount. Next time I will be telling about fighting the prostitutes in Dubai.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Hard pass just walk away from the crazy. No way am i steping into something like that being a white male. Those two "women" are really getting in the Christmas spirit. I can imagine Christmas morning and her telling the kids mommy had to stomp a b!+%# to get you that PlayStation. What is wrong with this world?

Reactions: shermnatman

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
What is wrong with this world?
What isn't?

Not trying to be sarcastic; I agree with you. One reason I wouldn't have intervened is that when someone gets that aggressive it requires firm action and a certain amount of force to restrain them. As a man, using even minimal or moderate amount of force to restrain a woman is likely to land you in jail, or sued, or both.

Not trying to digress into sociopolitical topics either, but the whole viral thing and what has ensued from it has made very many people (I'd say the majority of the population) very, very scary angry. Not able to take it out on the PTB, they're taking it out on anybody else, over the silliest of things—gaming consoles, parking stalls, people crossing in front of them, folks wearing the mask under their nose or not wearing one at all, neighbours having visitors, folks touching vegetables at the supermarket, suxial media posts.... endless list.

'Tis not a season to be jolly, but vigilant and careful. Tread lightly and steer away from scuffles, actual or potential, specially in a time in which everyone and his brother is filming everything. Maybe that social distancing thing is not a bad idea after all: you can catch worse than the virus by getting close to some people in the current milieu.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
What isn't?

Not trying to be sarcastic; I agree with you. One reason I wouldn't have intervened is that when someone gets that aggressive it requires firm action and a certain amount of force to restrain them. As a man, using even minimal or moderate amount of force to restrain a woman is likely to land you in jail, or sued, or both.

Not trying to digress into sociopolitical topics either, but the whole viral thing and what has ensued from it has made very many people (I'd say the majority of the population) very, very scary angry. Not able to take it out on the PTB, they're taking it out on anybody else, over the silliest of things—gaming consoles, parking stalls, people crossing in front of them, folks wearing the mask under their nose or not wearing one at all, neighbours having visitors, folks touching vegetables at the supermarket, suxial media posts.... endless list.

'Tis not a season to be jolly, but vigilant and careful. Tread lightly and steer away from scuffles, actual or potential, specially in a time in which everyone and his brother is filming everything. Maybe that social distancing thing is not a bad idea after all: you can catch worse than the virus by getting close to some people in the current milieu.

What is PTB?

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Few years ago my cousin who was a partner of a pharmaceutical company asked me to visit an exhibition in China with him. He had to meet with some Koreans there and because I speak Korean he asked for some help. We flew to Shanghai, attended the exhibition, then in the evening went to see the city. We had a nice meal in a restaurant on the first floor of a mall, then went to wait for a cab in a taxi queue. A cab stopped, two girls were about to take it but the cell phone of one of them rang, she took the call and the taxi left without any passenger. The next car approached, while on the phone she were about to sit in the back, then out of a sudden a guy approached the back door and started slamming the door to her leg. She was sitting in the back with one leg inside and the other one outside, and that guy was literally beating her leg with the door. I looked around, nobody was doing anything. I went ahead, grabbed the guy, threw him around and told the taxi driver to drive. He said something in Chinese and I realized that the guy was coming towards me. I stood in front of the door, he just passed me and tried to grab the girl by her hair. I locked his arms behind his back, pushed him away, he came towards me again, I pushed him again, he hit the back of the cab and fell. And at that moment I realized that he was drunk. I saw the girl getting out of the cab and my cousin just forced me into the cab and asked the driver to leave. He was like "Are you trying to get us deported?" Anyway, the next day after the second day of the exhibition we went to the same mall, my cousin had to do some shopping for his kids. While in a shop, one of the employees approached me and asked whether I was the guy from yesterday's incident or not, with a Bruce Lee face I said "Yes". He told me that I was a hero and offered us some discount. Next time I will be telling about fighting the prostitutes in Dubai.

You're a man of action! I'd be afraid to fart in China.

So tell us about the prostitutes in Dubai..

Reactions: jvnshr

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Cat fights are ugly. Saw a girl taking a chunk off other girl's neck in junior high. And that was with finger nails. Nope. I'm staying away.

Status
Not open for further replies.