PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkelaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2012
The stems that are available at Pipe Makers Emporium are blanks that must be cut to fit a particular tenon. Dave at Walker Briar Works does that for you.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
I have 2 forever stems, one on a Country Gentleman and one on a Diplomat. Both fit fine. Highly recommended.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I have 2 p-lips, 2 bent lucites, and 1 - 7" mini churchwarden - all for filtered cobs and all interchangeable. Even though they are for filtered or non-filtered pipes, you can't use a filter with them.
Check out the close-out area for a good buy. I wasn't a fan of cob pipes until I bought my first one, and it changed my whole outlook.

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
It has been my experience that genuine Walker Forever stems will always fit a new MM cob. I have had issues moving to a previously used cob, because the hardwood shank changes size based on moisture level. So, as long as you leave it alone, you'll be fine.
This has been the case for me as well. If you leave a smoked cob out in the sun for a little bit the shanks should open up a little to get that stem back in. Once you smoke it, the forever stem should fit just right.
When you order a forever stem, David addresses this issue.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Newbie here... what are the advantages of the Forever Stems?
I have a couple of MM Cobs that I started with a couple of months ago but since receiving two nice briars, I find that I don't care for the cobs nearly as much as the briars. That said, since the cobs don't have to be rested as often (if at all), I do continue to smoke them until I add more briars or meers to my collection.

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
apatim - The Forever Stem is much like the stem on your briars, made of vulcanite or lucite. The stems on your cobs are just plastic.

dafydd

Lurker
Oct 28, 2013
I have two. I like them but prefer the originals MM bits, plus they're only 49 cents each from Aristicob.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Every cob I own has a Forever stem. Your choice would be filtered or non-filtered style of cob. You can look up your style on the site. To save a couple of $ look in their overstock/close-out area. You will enjoy your cob much more with a quality stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.