PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Alright I honestly am a huge fan of penzance def one of my favorite blends. I smoked a lot of this stuff over the years. Anyways I just recently opened two 8oz bags I have had for a year now and jarred them leaving some to be consumed. I don't trust those bags. Anyways to the point I smoked some of the Zance and needless to say it just was not as good as previous tins and bags have been. I got paranoid maybe something got into the jar looking for mold but the tobacco smells great and the plume on this stuff is just everywhere. So I decided to bust open one of my many 2 oz tins and smoking it as we speak. The same issue it doesn't taste as good as batches I have had in the past.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
It could be you. There are just too many variables when it comes to the taste of tobacco. I'd wait a few weeks and try it again.

willc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
It could be a batch variation or different crop or maybe how it was stored before it got to you.

Anything is possible.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Baccy in bags is not good for long time storage, gota jar that stuff
Depends on the bags. I use 3 mil Mylar that gets heat sealed. Same bags that "preppers" use to store food long term.
I have always been surprised about peoples concern with the Esoterica bags. While they are not as heavy duty as the stuff I use, I find them to be of sufficient weight to keep the stuff fresh. As long as the seals are good and no holes in the bag, it will last forever.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
It could be you. There are just too many variables when it comes to the taste of tobacco. I'd wait a few weeks and try it again.
+1
Don't jump to conclusions or do anything rash. Just simply leave it jarred and come back to it later, even if it's a year later.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
If its not something you smoke very regular it could be that your memory of the flavor has been exaggerated over time. Or your taste has changed all together?

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Nope smoke the stuff regularly and it was the factory sealed bags. I also opened a tin. All tobacco I store in mason jars.

Status
Not open for further replies.