PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Greetings all,
I have an assignment for my University seminar to bring in something historical to talk about. I was thinking considering I haven’t really taken much from home to instead bring in my sandblasted Berlin Design Gotha 57 Silver spigot. I don’t think the pipe itself is practically old, but I was thinking about talking about the spigot and army mount origin. Perhaps go into Berlin Design itself.
What would you do or say in my position?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
My 87 year-old mother is available. If you're going for the history of tobacco and its impact on world commenrce over the centuries then you'll have a fine subject. The pipe itself will take some creativity but you could make it work.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Thank you chaps,
Certainly something through research will provide me with more knowledge of this hobby, aswell as provide me with some academic bonus.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
If possible go through your Grandfathers shed, should be plenty of subjects, and it would be from your family. Or maybe ask the Old Cajun if you can borrow a goodie. :puffpipe:

badgercat

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2011
The Pipe Radio show recently played an old commercial that had the Fred Flinstone character selling pipe tobacco. A quick trip thru YouTube might get you a pretty interesting lesson on the changing role of media in the tobacco industry.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
You can bring in samples of a tobacco, bring in some extra corn cob pipes and let brave volunteers sample them in chronological order while explaining everything that has happened to them over the years, like how the Syrian Latakia gave way to Cypian in a blend and how the overall % of latakia in a blend has changed over the years...

Status
Not open for further replies.