PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Well I pulled some strings (purse strings, that is) and managed to free up some funds. Somewhat unfortunately, part of the deal was that I'd curb my PAD and TAD through quarter 3... Didn't overthink it. Done and done.
So coming soon to a home near my neighbors':
Morgan Briar Cigar
Black Shag

Blackwoods

Bombay Court

All of the Frogs

St. James Woods

SG Balkan Flake

SG Commonwealth

GLP Cumberland

GLP Fillmore

McC Ashton: Celebrated Sovereign and Pebblecut

Blue Mountain

McC GKCPC Boston 1776

McC Orient 996
I. Can't. Freakin. Wait. :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
With that menu of tobaccos, brother, I believe I could forget all about my PAD and TAD for quite a while. It's a feast.

moses

Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
It's all for the cellar. Which I'm probably going to need to upgrade due to (soon to be) newfound space concerns... lol
Oh, except the Sovereign, Pebblecut, and 1776. I need to open those right away. And maybe a Blue Mountain, since I've yet to try that one either.
I'll be tracking this like a hound and may have to take a day off from work on the delivery date. I don't think I could handle letting that order sit on the porch till I get home. I already feel a 24 hour bug coming on. :wink:

Dec 24, 2012
I was a little surprised. I have never seen a cut like this, so fine. I was scared that it would bite, but so far it hasn't done that. It's a nice smoke - very easy to pack the pipe, which I like. Sometimes I'm not in the mood (or don't have the time) to screw around with flakes. As to the taste, to me it is more savoury than sweet, which I do like. I also get a nice nutty taste which is quite appealing. I will have to smoke it some more to pass final judgment. I do think it could use a bit of age for everything to meld.
I got an order yesterday with a bunch of single tin tobaccos - stuff I have never tried to see if there are any unknown (to me) blends out there that are cellar worthy. I want to try this one a few more times before I decide if it meets that high bar. Not everything I enjoy gets cellared in quantity, so I don't know yet.
The two most recent blends that have made the cut for me are Briar Fox and Night Train. Will have to see whether one of these new blends joins them.

moses

Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Uber: Yeah, I've been eying it since reading Tom Spithaler's review on this site last November. Back in my forum-lurking days lol. Pretty happy to have it imminently arriving. No clue what I'm going to burn in it though. Oh, but I'm sure that little issue will sort itself out. :puffy:

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
Let me know how the morgan briar cigar smokes. Been interested in those for quite some time. Not sure if I'd be willing to spend $140 on a pipe, however. all the pipes I've purchased have been under $100, and I don't think I'd want my first $100 pipe to be a cigar. But, it has piqued my interest

Status
Not open for further replies.