Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
John called me a couple of days ago, introduced himself and said he’s visiting nearby and would like to get together. We agreed to meet at the Maduro Cigar Bar in Sarasota.

We just spent 3 1/2 hours hanging out, smoking and drinking a beer or two. Great guy, I really enjoyed meeting John and spending time together. Maduro Cigar Bar was very, very nice. I highly recommend.

Nice meeting you John, I’m very happy you reached out. Hope to see you again in Florida.

IMG_1254.jpeg

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
As well, will give you more notice next time, maybe I can hit a pipe club event. Mark graced me with a tin of C&D Bijou, 5 yr old tin of Capstan Blue, & a bowl of Rotary Navy Cut flake (so goood). The stories were hilarious😂.

The Maduro Cigar shop on University avenue, Sarasota was well stocked with well maintained sticks, easy going, attentive staff, and swanky leather chairs. Definitely worth a stop if you’re in the area. A few pics from the web of the shop Mark chose.

D8CB9B5A-0B69-46EB-9BC8-81AC456301FD.jpegC95E1DC9-8725-47FF-8073-ED41B58A6E55.jpeg

BBE2B716-EEA3-4892-8B97-FA121F4A1247.jpeg

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
That’s awesome. Still trying to figure out how to get you to drive across the state beach side, you know, since you’re retired and owl or at least meet half way in Orlando, might have to gauge interest in an Orlando herf.
Yes, we need to do that. Perhaps this winter some time when I slow down a bit. Would enjoy meeting you. Well, at least I think I would. LOL

Reactions: BCF and kcghost

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Yes, we need to do that. Perhaps this winter some time when I slow down a bit. Would enjoy meeting you. Well, at least I think I would. LOL
I make no guarantees but then that's part of what I call charm. Hopefully before winter, i do have a few cigar brothers I've known for many many years in the tampa area, i need to put together a long weekend, if I'm driving across i might as well make a 3 day trip out of it.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I make no guarantees but then that's part of what I call charm. Hopefully before winter, i do have a few cigar brothers I've known for many many years in the tampa area, i need to put together a long weekend, if I'm driving across i might as well make a 3 day trip out of it.
I think you've said that before. LOL

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
This looks pretty much, or 100% cigar. It would be so cool to see you round up a load of pipe smokers and like take over the place. I’d really love to see the looks of the cigar smokers then. LOL 😆

Pipe Take Over! LOL 😆

Enjoy! ❤️

Reactions: AJL67

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
This looks pretty much, or 100% cigar. It would be so cool to see you round up a load of pipe smokers and like take over the place. I’d really love to see the looks of the cigar smokers then. LOL 😆

Pipe Take Over! LOL 😆

Enjoy! ❤️
Never met a cigar smoker that cared. I’ll bring a pipe to herfs with 70 friends there and never a word actually a lot of them have smoked pipes at one time or another, I’ve gotten three of them fully back into pipes in the last few months 😂

Reactions: huckleberry