PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Thank you, I will enjoy my pipes.

Your grandmother sounds like one heck of a wonderful woman.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
I wouldn't say smoking anything should be gender based... If you want to wear a skirt, wear a skirt. I don't like being limited by society. The beauty of modern times is that no one is limited by social standards and every person is a lot more unique than they ever were. I couldn't imagine not being able to smoke a pipe because men didn't think it was right.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
If we're less bound by social norms how come twenty years ago I could smoke almost anywhere; bar, restaurant,etc. and now I have to hide in my house to smoke.

unclefester13

Lurker
Aug 9, 2013
Timely, was I being harsh? I didn't say women couldn't smoke pipes . . . it's just my opinion that it looks ridiculous to me, but not to everyone. I find it to be a turn off personally. So I guess Pipe Babes is not for me, lol. Apologies to all who I seem to have offended.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
ladies_smoking_pipe_chicago_wrigley_building_restaurant_women_smoke_womens_smoking_club_1954.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
Well, we do have Harris, a prominent Floridian plutocrat. Now granted, he only likes to wear women's clothing, but we shouldn't judge.

Jan 8, 2013
As I stated in a post above I think it's kind of weird... but I think it's kind of cool too. Smoke away, ladies :) If women can hunt, race cars, work construction, fight in the military, the list goes on, then why not smoke a pipe too?

Aug 1, 2012
Timely, women should not take the back seat on pipe smoking...Smoke that pipe dear, don't let the naysayers bother you.
And a big old +1 to that one. I haven't seen a woman pipe smoker in person but I see no problem with it from here. Do what you do and @#$% the rest of 'em.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
edGreen, I meant if we don't HAVE to be limited by social norms, we shouldn't. You didn't choose to not smoke in those places, it was forced upon you... Creating something unpleasant.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
As far as I am concerned, we are a dying breed and need as much new blood as possible. Now if we get a lot of women smoking pipes, the men are sure to follow :)

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Well, we do have Harris, a prominent Floridian plutocrat. Now granted, he only likes to wear women's clothing, but we shouldn't judge.
:rofl:

Oh how I can't wait to see what Harris comes up with.

~Ron

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
I'm sorry, but I'm just not down with woman pipe smokers. Nothing against them wanting to do it, but it's just not lady like to me. I remember I posted a thread about your thoughts about woman pipe smokers and got some very interesting feedback.
Call me sexist, but that's just me!

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
I guess I don't like having to be "lady like" since it's just not my style. I don't like wearing dresses and stuff like that. It makes me feel uncomfortable. Not saying I like belching, scratching myself, and what not. I still have manners. But I enjoy a good beer, playing sports, smoking a pipe, and lots of things that aren't traditionally considered lady like.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Not Lady-like????
My wife is 5'2", greying blond, big blue eyes, has a big, shit eating grin, and has legs that go all the way up! She can out fish me, and out work me, she's kind to children and animals, and calls it like it is. She's always supportive unless it's a REALLY bad idea, and has learned enough about pipes to have a great discussion.
What does she like about pipes? The accessories - enough said.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Smokey Tay, Timely, I'd share a tin of tobacco with you two anytime. Several things in life that people do, do bother me. Smoking tobacco is not one of 'em. I wasn't raised in the way that certain things are for only one race or gender. Hell, if it weren't for a friend, who was a girl in H.S., I never would have even started smoking cigars which in turn lead to also smoking a pipe.
I too wouldn't mind to hear a woman who holds a high place in the public profile to do an interview.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Wow, this thread got a lot more responses to it than I was expecting.
I suspect that the following users may be single Perique, unclefester13, and eazye77. Tell the women in your lives that they can not do something because it's not in their nature or the activity is too manly and get back to us on how they respond.
Had to get that off my chest. :?
Any way, the whole point of my original post was to have a prominent woman pipe smoker be interviewed on the radio show. Well, the ones that have come up are unfortunately not available. And no one seems to know of any modern day women pipe smokers. So it occurred to me that sense the radio show has interviewed some forum members already, maybe they could do an interview with one of our own lady pipe smokers.
Now, I don't know who they would pick. But maybe some of the lady pipe smokers would volunteer? If the powers that be are down with it I think it would be interesting interview. To hear the experience of the woman pipe smoker would be very interesting. And also, maybe I could convince my wife to check out the interview at least.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I did read some where that Jackie Onassis was a closet pipe smoker. I can't find a link to where I saw it. No pictures exist as she forbade any pictures of her smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.