Project Log - Project Brigham 1 dot, 2 dot, 3 dot (Picture Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks for the comments gang.
That two dot is getting a lot of love! I can't look past the cement fill at the bottom of the bowl. Everything else about that pipe is great.
since you're in the GTA or thereabouts you should have a Lee Valley store?
Yeah, I have to make the stop at Lee Valley for micro-mesh and pads. I am resisting because of the $$ but, think that I need to make the investment to feel better about the work I'm doing. Ghost, that Pete 999 you did last week just made me hungry for a way to shine up my stems to achieve similar results.
I'm real addicted to taking heavily lacquered basket pipes and stripping them down and restaining. It can really make an otherwise cheap looking pipe look like a million bucks
I think I'm going to get there too. Tandy Leather is an old haunt of mine (once upon a time I used to hand sew deerskin belt pouches), so picking up dye will be a snap. In my latest estate haul I brought in an unmarked "Imported Briar" and a KB&B drinkless that will, I think, benefit from a strip and stain. So they'll be fun to play with. Pulling the cordovan stain of the Imp Briar has been a lesson in patience.
Anyway, thanks again for the comments folks. I totally appreciate the feedback and kind words.
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Loving the 1 Dot Pat, the rustication and shape are fantastic, my 1Dot smokes better than my 2Dot does for some reason. Can't wait to see them in person. There's a Lee Valley on Morningside in Scarborough that I drive by often on my way to and from work. I could hook a brother up.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Pat,
I have been MIA for a few days. I truly enjoyed just reading this whole thread. Your skills are definitely improving sir and I am glad to be one of your pupils. :rofl:
Seriously though, you were very kind to me and answered all of my questions even though you called yourself a noob but obviously your research and attention to detail have paid off. It appears you removed all of the varnish from the 2 dot and then rebuffed or something. It looks amazing eh.
Great job pal. Now the real question is are you going to keep these babies or Briarbid them??
Dan

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Yeah, I have to make the stop at Lee Valley for micro-mesh and pads. I am resisting because of the $$
Aren't they like ... 10$ for a pack? A pack usually lasts me for about 20 restorations.

Status
Not open for further replies.