PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
Embrace it! Tell the wife to deal with it....that's what I told mine and now she loves it. Says when she wakes up in the morning (she's an early riser, I am most decidedly NOT)it's not natural to not smell a bit of lingering scent on my face.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Get some nice tonic... Heliotrope Blanc lotion has been in production since the 1800's and it's not too expensive. It won't dry you out. It has the faint smell of cookies. It's uni-sex... Says "women," but it's really for either like 4711. It's quite an over-hyped product due to its pedigree... It's quite simple and boring... but takes the tobacco smell out well.
https://www.amazon.com/Heliotrope-Blanc-Piver-Lotion-Toilette/dp/B0048K5GU2

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Chiming in here kind of late but...I'm also in the camp of just letting it ride and not stress about it. I assume you keep your beard clean and all that, so the smoke shouldn't ever get that stale stink to it that is pretty gross. I've got a bigger beard and mustache and to be honest, the tobacco smoke isn't as troublesome as food, at least to me. Scented beard oil and pipe tobacco is a great combo!

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Those are good ideas too. Another that falls into the masking category is cracking open a can of sardines, packed in oil of course, and then devour them with reckless abandon with your fingers. When you're done just rub the oil into the beard and stache. Works great for the scent as well as conditioning of the facial hair.

viesturs

Lurker
Aug 27, 2018
I have to say now that i am face naked after several years with a beard i notice more aroma coming up the nose now that was blocked by a bushy stash..who knew .

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
There's a beard oil I found at I believe a local walmart, it's called "lumber yard" and is very strong smelling. If it get a blend that leaves an unpleasant aroma I'll splash a little of that in my beard and that usually takes care of it.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
"open a can of sardines", omega3, plus all the cats you could possibly want.
Wouldn't beard oil hold in the tobacco smell?

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
If you clench two pipes at the same time, one of them empty, with a little practice you should be able to draw through the lit pipe and exhale through the empty one, thus keeping the smoke at a distance. Given your username, they ought to be churchwardens of course, which should work well. And make you look interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.